Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado
Default LogMeIn and AKU2 Issues

http://forum.logmein.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=164

If you're a regular user (or fan) of the LogMeIn software that allows your Windows Mobile device to remotely connect to desktop PCs, you might want to hold off on updating your device's firmware with any ROM that includes AKU2 (for Direct Email Push). Apparently, owners of the Sprint PPC-6700, i-mate JASJAR, and the new JAMin, among other devices that have new AKU2 firmware available, have been stuck in a loop in Internet Explorer Mobile to install the LogMeIn Remote Client software on their devices.

According to replies on their forum (which is under renovations now), technical support representatives at LogMeIn are aware of the issue, and will hopefully be releasing an updated version of the LogMeIn Remote Client shortly.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:18 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Good to hear that they appear to be moving forward on this. I use EDGE while at work to LogMeIn to my laptop down the hall frequently, so this feature has been sorely missed.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
victore
Theorist

I'm with Jon. I can't wait until they fix this. I miss the ability to logon to my servers from my Qtek 9100.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Tony Rylow
Editor Emeritus

I'd like to set this up on my home PC's so that I can use it from work on my MDA. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

I fancied tryiong this. Tried to use my E830 to connec tto my laptop .. all I get is a black screen when I try Remote COntrol. If I try browsing files I can view the contents of specific folders, e.g. My Documents, but I cannot access any files or folders in the right-hand pain.

Seems I missed something. Suggestions?

Old 03-29-2006, 07:15 AM
victore
Theorist

Steve, what version of the LogMeIn client are you running on your e830?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by victore
Steve, what version of the LogMeIn client are you running on your e830?

:-) Obviously there's the problem ... I didn't *find* a client for the E830 to install on it ...

Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Bulnes
Neophyte
Default Is LogMeIn working with AKU 2 ?

I have also the same loop in Internet Explorer Mobile to install the LogMeIn Remote Client software. Is there a new CAB file ? Where ? I have hard rebooted my iMate JasJar and the problem continues. Any solution ?

Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator
Default Re: Is LogMeIn working with AKU 2 ?

I figured out my mistake. I use PocketIE Plus as my browser, and set it to report the browser as IE6. I reverted to standard PIE setting, the client then installed automatically. I'm using it now to send this message from my laptop via the pda1/

Old 04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Bulnes
Neophyte
Default Eureka - LogMeIn with AKU 2

Well, when installing the CAB file, I have Saved As with another name, instead of saving it normally. Then � miracle: I have no more loops. Finally I can remote control my desktop PC from my JasJar with AKU 2 installed.