Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Get Physical with MySportTraining GPS

http://www.vidaone.com/mstgps_ppc.htm

"Find out at any moment how far and how fast you're doing! If your Pocket PC is equipped with a GPS receiver (either internal or external), MySportTraining GPS allows you record the duration, distance, pace, ascent (altitude gain) and visualize the route of your workouts, without having to purchase additional sport tracking equipment. Simply turn your GPS receiver on and start tracking your workouts! Ideal for casual or competitive walking, hiking, running, road cycling, mountain biking, kayaking, golfing, skiing, etc. At the end of your workout, the route, duration, distance, pace and ascent can be saved in a workout within MySportTraining, so you do not have to write in the information. You can then visualize the route you went through during the workout. MySportTraining also calculates the calories you burnt along the corresponding fat loss automatically!"

If you have to be with your Pocket PC wherever you go, even while exercising, then MySportTraining GPS looks like a great companion. It supports 240 x 320, and 240 x 240 displays; not 480 x 640 displays, it seems, though it might with the dreaded pixel doubling. Either way, if you're interested in purchasing this application, it's available from our affiliate software store for $4.95 (note that the original MySportTraining application is required).

Old 03-23-2006, 03:55 AM
miterb
Intellectual

MySportTraining GPS apparently requires you also purchase the major application, "MySportTraining for Pocket PC" for $29.95. Does anyone else find this to be true?
Brad

Old 03-23-2006, 04:51 AM
PDANEWBIE
Thinker

your right if you look at the requirements -

MySportTraining 3.96 (or newer) and a GPS receiver so if your oding the whole bundle its 35$

Old 03-23-2006, 05:32 AM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by miterb
MySportTraining GPS apparently requires you also purchase the major application, "MySportTraining for Pocket PC" for $29.95. Does anyone else find this to be true?
Brad
True, but so worth it if you are serious about your workouts and want to:
get in shape
keep in shape
lose weight
gain weight
strengthening
whatever...

Old 03-23-2006, 08:39 AM
spaceman
Ponderer

I have the main program already. Looks like the GPS is an addon module. The product is great. I can track my training. It will import calories spend from the MyPersonalDiet program. If you don't GPS, they also have a Polar HRM module that will allow you to download data into your training records.

I just brought the GPS module. I installed it on my hx4700. I have a BT GPS receiver. Once I configured the right COM port, MySportTrainig was able to record data. I took a walk around the block. PDA beeped each time the GPS signal was lost ore recaptured. This can be tuned off. When I saved the session, it transfered the distance walked to the database. A map is shown where you can annotate with push pins. Too bad there is no way to easily transfer the map image to your PC. Overall, great tool for $4.95! I was thinking of getting a Garman Forerunner but may not have to. However, do I really want to carry a PDA and GPS unit whenn I go running or biking? Expensive and delicate gear to carry around.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by miterb
Brad
Good catch. I've updated the original post.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:34 PM
encece
Mystic
Send a message via MSN to encece Send a message via Skype™ to encece

still cheaper than the SportsDo applications.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
peterac
Pupil

I could see this getting me back into running. Just adding something like this to a running, walking or biking routine might give one that added little extra push to get them on a regular excersize kick.

-Pete R.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:48 AM
encece
Mystic
Send a message via MSN to encece Send a message via Skype™ to encece

What if you run on a treadmill?

Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by encece
What if you run on a treadmill?
Assuming you don't have a manual treadmill, it should already read back a lot of data.