Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Tropical Island Escape Screensaver and Themes Released for the Pocket PC

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...3&productType=2

"Isotope 244 is happy to bring their latest screensaver to the Pocket PC, featuring a relaxing tropical island with animated palm trees and ocean waves. Stressed out at work? Need to take a break? Then load up this relaxing setting on your PDA and drift off and put your mind at ease... It includes four themes featuring a beautiful sunset, moonscape, and dolphin playing in the ocean. There is no demo for the Pocket PC, but you can download the free Windows PC demo which features the same animations. The screensaver includes many settings allowing you to display the date and time and your own custom message. You can also switch to different scenes using the dirpad button."

Visit our affiliate software store and check out Isotope244's new Tropical Island Escape screensaver. It's available for only $4.95, and if you order now, you'll receive a complementary set of Today themes.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:20 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

I'm not sure I understand the point of a screen-saver for a PPC or PPCPE hopefully the are meant for when in the cradle. Still quite expensive for software that does so little.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I thought LCDs period, whether on Pocket PCs, notebooks, or LCD monitors, didn't need screen savers. Isn't burn-in only an issue with CRTs?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

With LCDs, it's more an issue of image persistence rather than image burn-in. The former is usually reversible.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
GadgetsForever
Neophyte

Well, they picked a gorgeous image and from what I can see on the link looks to be good quality but then I'm viewing from my PC not a PDA.