Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 03-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger
Default Jason and Dave's ThoughtCast - March 9, 2006

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/tho...ave03092006.mp3

The ThoughtCast has finally returned with a very interesting and exclusive topic. This is the first in a three part series where Jason and I talk about the HP iPAQ hw6900. Jason was able to get his hands on a prerelease version on the device and this ThoughtCast begins to explore the device and what is brings to the table. The device itself brings up a number of interesting observations both about the hw6900 and about devices in general, but you will have to listen to find out all the details.

Show notes:
� Review of the HP iPAQ hw6900.
HP iPAQ 6900 Messenger Quick Look Photo Preview.
HP iPAQ hw6900 Specifications.

Direct Link to this show: Download
RSS Feed: PPCT ThoughtCast Feed
Support the Show: Vote @ Podcast Alley

Got questions about the hw6900? Talk back to us about this ThoughtCast or your other thoughts. Skype users can simply place a call to thoughtcast. If you don't have Skype, just call: (425) 296-2462.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
msafi
Ponderer

These pictures are too sexy for children...seriously, i'm starting to fall for this device. it seems very functional and practical.

i haven't listened to the podcast yet. i'll do that later, but i hope someone can answer my few questions here:
1. can you initiate ms voice command using a wired stereo headset's talk button?
2. i know professionals here aren't interested in gaming, but anyway, are SNES/NES emulators playable on this? in other words, do the screen size, d-pad/joystick, hardware buttons, and processor support them?
3. is there going to be a localized version for Arabic? the keyboard is gonna be a waste for me if i can't SMS in Arabic. and i can't touch-type on this, so the letters need to be printed on the buttons for it to be usable.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Hmm. You happened to ask three questions that I have no idea about - I didn't install MS Voice Command, nor an SNES emulator, and I have no idea about Arabic - it's only been officially announced in Europe for now. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!