Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default ATI Announces the Imageon 2380/2388 for Handheld Devices

http://ir.ati.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=1...ticle&ID=808156

"With the explosion in demand for quality visual experiences on the cell phone, ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY)(NASDAQ:ATYT) has leveraged its extensive experience with video and graphics to deliver the latest in handheld technologies with the Imageon� 2380 and the Imageon� 2388."

ATI has just announced the Imageon 2380/2388. The new mobile media processors offer a low-power audio and video solution with support for OpenGL ES 1.2 (but not 2.0?) and VGA displays. The press release can be found here.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Patrick Y.
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to Patrick Y.

Which is better? Ati's or Intel's?

Old 01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
stevelam
Thinker

Do developers now have to write special code for this and the Intel 2700g seperately or can you use the same code for both? If not I dont really see it catching on as there are already quite a few programs developed for the 2700g and none for te ATI one :lol:

Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Dermot81
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelam
Do developers now have to write special code for this and the Intel 2700g seperately or can you use the same code for both? If not I dont really see it catching on as there are already quite a few programs developed for the 2700g and none for te ATI one :lol:
I believe both chips accerate programs written for OpenGL, so you don't have to code seperately for both.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:58 PM
johnnylocust
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot81
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelam
I believe both chips accerate programs written for OpenGL, so you don't have to code seperately for both.
Kind-a true. I think the 2700g only supports OpenGL ES 1.0.