Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Riven for Pocket PC Released

http://www.meanhamstersoftware.com/...etpc.html#riven

"Riven, the sequel to Myst, is a visual feast with an immersive storyline. Stunning landscapes conceal dark secrets and challenging puzzles. Players must rely on all their senses as they journey through this fantastic world. Indeed, Riven must become your world if you are to progress through it successfully. A man, Atrus, needs your help. His wife, Catherine, has been abducted by Gehn. Your mission seems relatively straightforward: capture Gehn and bring back Catherine. However, as you arrive on Riven, you quickly realize that capturing Gehn will be more difficult than you thought. The "prison book" Atrus gave you to imprison Gehn is stolen immediately by a strange man. You decide that exploring the bizarre and beautiful world of Riven is now your only viable option..."

You drooled over Myst. Now drool over Riven. It isn't kind on the storage space, but nevertheless, I bet it's worth every megabyte. PocketGear.com is selling it for $29.99. [Affiliate]

Old 12-21-2005, 11:26 AM
pocketpcadmirer
Sage

I'll surely give it a try

Sunny :roll:

Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
altermind
Pupil

beware.. you will need a 512 meg memory card to install this game.... shame they don't let u split it up...

ah well... looks good sofar

Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM
PDANEWBIE
Thinker

You would think for installations this large you would find a way to uncompress the cab on the PC your installing it from and then just sync over the individual files and other key components...

512 meg media required just to install is a little bloated IMHO. I'll still play it though since I don't buy under 1gb media cards but still when will be the time that I can't install on a 1gb card because something requires 725m space and the install doubles it.

Just a thought though I haven't even played Myst yet.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
JonathanWardRogers
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to JonathanWardRogers
Default VGA?

Does it suppore VGA yet? 'Cause I bought Myst and it was pretty much a waste of money because you almost couldn't read the text.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
badbob001
Ponderer

I thought the original ppc myst version had vga support for the text in the books. Or perhaps through an update.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Paragon
Magi

Anyone get this to install on a WM5.0 machine?

For me it will transfer the .cab to the card on my device but the .cab fails to install, just saying that installation was unsucessful. I'm now in a what looks to be a lengthy discussion with PocketGear about it...

Old 12-21-2005, 06:03 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

I installed the demo and it appears to be just a video. It ran through what I assume is the opening sequence and then shut down. I wanted to see what the images and text look like, since I have a VGA device. Mean Hamster Software's website doesn't say anything about hi-res support.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
sponge
Philosopher

Last time I played Myst, I ended up bleeding.

Broke the CD, cut my finger.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 PM
JonathanWardRogers
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to JonathanWardRogers
Default Not that I know of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001
I thought the original ppc myst version had vga support for the text in the books. Or perhaps through an update.
If you ever find anywhere to get this update, please let me know. It was not in the original file, and Mean Hampster software might as well not even exist once you buy a product for all the response you get from them. (About VGA inquiries, anyway).