Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Pretec Introduces its 2GB miniSD Card

http://www.pretec.com/PR/2005/PR_12..._2GB_miniSD.htm

"Pretec Electronics Corp., the 1st in the world to demonstrate MMC 4.0 card since 2004, and the 1st in the world to offer 4GB SD card since July 2005, has released 2GB miniSD�, the largest capacity miniSD card today at IT Month 2005 (Hall 3, Booth G165) in Taipei. Mobile devices using the Pretec 2GB miniSD card can store more than 500 MP3 songs or more than 4000 digital photos. The Pretec 2GB miniSD� card also provides a tremendous advantage for the latest multimedia mobile phones designed with a miniSD� slot, which typically require larger capacity when hours of recorded audio and/or video data (such as MPEG4 movie) are needed; the 1st in the world, Pretec 2GB miniSD� card can extend from 0.5-1 hour of high quality MPEG-4 playback/recording to 1-2 hours by doubling or even quadrupling the maximum capacity available for today�s advanced high quality PDA/mobile phones."

Seems like Taiwan won't be the only ones enjoying new 2GB miniSD cards. Pretec has just launched one which should be in worldwide retail stores for Christmas at an amazingly high RRP of US$299 (a far cry from Taiwan's TEC-branded card whose RRP is US$160). High costs aside, I'm guessing all you i-mate K-JAM and O2 Xda Atom users will love this one.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Darren Behan
Intellectual

I'd love it better at $160 :?

db