Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Alltel Releases PPC-6700 (A.K.A. HTC Apache)

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.a...?ContentId=5518

"Alltel is introducing its first Windows Mobile-based device, the PPC6700 (a.k.a. HTC Apache), from UTStarcom Personal Communications. The PPC6700 is expected to be available starting 23 November at Alltel retail stores for US$479.99 after a US$50 mail-in rebate with a two-year service agreement. The PPC6700 is Alltel's first wireless device to feature Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 software. With its EVDO and WiFi capabilities, the PPC6700 is intended to enable users to stay online and in touch. The PPC6700 features a sliding QWERTY keyboard designed to open from the side and automatically change screen orientation from portrait to landscape viewing mode. The display is a 2.8" TFT 65K transflective LCD."

While Alltel isn't known nationally, they're fairly easy to find around where I live (Midwestern US / Ohio). I don't believe the Alltel network supports high spped, but introducing this device may mean they're ready to take a step into more business-oriented service offerings.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Perry Reed
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to Perry Reed Send a message via MSN to Perry Reed

Actually Alltel leases space on Verizon's network, so anywhere Verizon has high-speed, so does Alltel.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:10 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I noticed this device in a Telus ad a week or so ago. It's extremely rare for Canadian carriers to adopt a new device so quickly!

Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 PM
szamot
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
I noticed this device in a Telus ad a week or so ago. It's extremely rare for Canadian carriers to adopt a new device so quickly!
They had to since EVDO is going up and the Audiovox 6600 is not getting an upgrade.