Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default AOL Improves its Mobile Search Service

http://www.betanews.com/article/AOL...arch/1133453857

"AOL on Thursday introduced a new set of search services for mobile devices that it says will make searching the Web on smaller screens as useful as searching from the desktop. Three services will make up the new service: AOL Search, Pinpoint Shopping and AOL Yellow Pages. Through technology provided by InfoGin, the service formats both the search results and the Web sites visited from those listings to fit the smaller screens of mobile phones, smartphones and PDAs.AOL says this extends the usefulness of mobile search, as a user will no longer need to be concerned with whether or not a Web site has a mobile-formatted version available. Instead, a user will be able to visit any site as if they were visiting from a desktop computer."

AOL Mobile Search has just been updated to include shopping and directory services. Simply visit http://mobile.aolsearch.com/ for a test run.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:29 PM
PDANEWBIE
Thinker

Service Unavailable? Seems like AOL is just as useful to me after reading this post as it was before reading it

I'll try later but since I am an AOL hater this just seems par for the course (the funny thing is my relatives swear by the service).

Old 12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado

Now, if they can improve on their severely overpriced and antiquated AIM client for Pocket PC, I'll consider them an entity for the high-powered mobile device world. Sure, AIM via SMS is tolerable to a certain extent, while Agile Messenger, VeriChat, and IM+ offer access their chat servers, but you would think the "king of instant messaging" would have cornered this part of the market by now.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDANEWBIE
Service Unavailable? Seems like AOL is just as useful to me after reading this post as it was before reading it
I just tested it and it seems to work okay. A bit slow at times though. :?