Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default The HTC Muse - Rocking Our World In 2006

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4514.html

[at the request of HTC's lawyer, we've taken down the image and all of our text]

Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Why, oh, why do they have to ruin this device with awesome specificatons with a 240�240 screen? On the Palm 700w, it is, well, acceptable since they have the HW keyboard...<sarcasm> Just turn on the SIP any you have a whoppin' 240�120 screen estate... Let's hope WM5SE will include support for 160�160 screen resolutions </sarcasm>. Serously, they should have put in at least a normal QVGA screen (240�320)...

Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Reminds me of a Creative Zen, only a lot more functional. 8)

Old 11-03-2005, 01:03 PM
surur
Mystic

This is the kind of device I would consider for a two device solution (vs converged) Its going to be small and thin. I will use it to replace my 3G phone, and continue to use my VGA Loox PPC as my main PDA. I could also use the 4GB memory via USB Host and view movies over USB on my Loox. Due to the poor resolution its a poor PDA phone, but its a brilliant phone!

Surur

Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM
uwaku
Ponderer

What's that at the top center, between the power button & the camera? Is it just the earpiece? It very strongly resembles the biometric fingerprint readers on all the new Tablet PCs...

Y'Know, I could deal with the 240x240 screen as long as I have FOUR GIGS of NAND to play with... Palm's Lifedrive was a good idea, but the only downside was, no phone...

Old 11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwaku
What's that at the top center, between the power button &amp; the camera? Is it just the earpiece? It very strongly resembles the biometric fingerprint readers on all the new Tablet PCs...

Y'Know, I could deal with the 240x240 screen as long as I have FOUR GIGS of NAND to play with... Palm's Lifedrive was a good idea, but the only downside was, no phone...
...and it had microdrive instead of NAND, and it had Palm OS on it. Otherwise, it is a really cool device indeed

Old 11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Don't Panic!
Oracle

There is such a thing as to small. I don't see this device as having the entertainment potential that a QVGA or VGA Pocket PC has. Just looking at the d-pad I'm sure gaming is not goin to be possible on this device. If that d-pad supports diagonals I'd be very surprised. Probably be nice for solitaire though. :roll:

Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Tierran
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Tierran Send a message via AIM to Tierran

If they had included a landscape QVGA or VGA screen instead of the square screen I think they would have had a truely killer device. That 240 x 240 screen is just 'meh'

Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
powder2000
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwaku
What's that at the top center, between the power button &amp; the camera? Is it just the earpiece? It very strongly resembles the biometric fingerprint readers on all the new Tablet PCs...

Earpiece, reminds me of one on the smt5600.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 PM
aNiMeMaN14
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to aNiMeMaN14

wtf is up with the 240x240?? argh how can a device so perfect be ruined by such a flaw?? allow me to cry now