Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Pocket Informant 2005 Revision 3 Released

http://www.webis.net/products_info....?p_id=pi&dir=wm

"Pocket Informant vastly improves upon the functionality of Pocket Outlook to match and exceed what's available even with the desktop Outlook while keeping complete and uncompromising compatibiltiy with Outlook. 5 Calendar Views, Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Journal, and so much more with an awesomely easy to use interface."

WebIS.net has just released Revision 3 of Pocket Informant 2005. There are over 80 feature updates and bug fixes for you to lay your hands on -- the full list can be found here. A free trial version is available from WebIS.net, and the full version can be purchased for $29.95 from Handango. Current Pocket Informant 2005 users are able to update to this new version for free.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I've been watching the WebIS Mail 2.2 Beta progress so closely that this complete slipped under my radar.

Great job guys!

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
rocky_raher
Thinker

Why is there a "swirl-type" distortion in the center of the screen image? Is that a screen-saver, like the "swirl" screensaver that was introduced with Windows 95? I hadn't known there were screensavers for the PPC.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
ctitanic
Oracle

I know that Alex always monitor this forum so I'll ask him a question here
Quote:
Foundational: Changed our screen update timer from 15 mins to 2 mins
What this means? How this compares to 2003 version?

I never used any PIM 3rd party tool before until I got the hx4700. I liked what I saw and used there so I got a registered copy of PI thanks to PPCMag CD but I'm afraid to use it in WM5. I have read a little bit of PI forum and Alex's comments about WM5 and it seems to me or I have the impression that even the current release of PI is not close yet to be a final version. But may be I'm completely wrong so I would like to hear what Alex thinks about all this.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:11 PM
ctitanic
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky_raher
Why is there a "swirl-type" distortion in the center of the screen image? Is that a screen-saver, like the "swirl" screensaver that was introduced with Windows 95? I hadn't known there were screensavers for the PPC.
the screen shot author did not want you to read what is behind that.

That's all.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic
Quote:

I never used any PIM 3rd party tool before until I got the hx4700. I liked what I saw and used there so I got a registered copy of PI thanks to PPCMag CD but I'm afraid to use it in WM5. I have read a little bit of PI forum and Alex's comments about WM5 and it seems to me or I have the impression that even the current release of PI is not close yet to be a final version. But may be I'm completely wrong so I would like to hear what Alex thinks about all this.
The WM5 version it the release works very well; it is also VERY fast.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
ctitanic
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic
Quote:

The WM5 version it the release works very well; it is also VERY fast.
I have found many programs that have been reported to work in the HTC Blue Angel "hacked" WM5 that do not work in the X51v and in the other way around as well.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado

I thought that was a cool special effect the program will have..

Sorry, off-topic: Why can't our devices LOOK more like an LCARS pad on Star Trek, or just have cool interfaces like they portray in the movies? I wouldn't mind flashy geometric shapes and colors if it didn't impact the performance of the device? It's a $200-1000 device (depending on which you have), it should have the luxury of looking like something a Palm (pre-Windows Mobile, of course) could only dream of doing. I know I'm being facetious or shallow a bit, but one can dream, can't they?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
signothefish
Intellectual

How do I know if I have Pocket Informant 2005 or not? Will it specifically state "Pocket Informant 2005" on the About screen? My version is 5, 6, 2, 0195; Copyright 2000-2005, Web I.S., Inc.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor

PI2005 is equivalent to version 6 - so your's is actually the previous version.