¹ Fix Coming for Zune Skipping Issue - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus
Default Fix Coming for Zune Skipping Issue

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/02/28/zune-firmware-update-1-3-coming-mid-march-skipping-fixed.aspx

"Yesterday I had a meeting w/ James, the Zune release manager and he spilled the beans on the next firmware update. In Mid March, we’re going to release Zune Firmware Update 1.3. Here’s what’s in the update: We’re fixing the skipping problem that some users were experiencing – that is, content acquired from Zune Marketplace will no longer skip when played on the device."

Well, apparently Microsoft HAS been listening, at least a little, and is finally responding to the skipping issue that many users have complained about. According to Cesar over at Zune Insider, we should see firmware update 1.3 sometime in mid March. This update will fix a few nagging problems, including the skipping issue, improved device detection and syncing, and an issue with the FM tuner draining the battery in sleep mode. Unfortunately, there is still no word on when we might start seeing some new features coming down the pipe.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Crystal3
Pupil

Maybe a little too little, a little too late.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
DrMobo
Pupil

Does anyone have any info on the FM tuner/battery drain problem? I listen to the radio (NPR on my walk to work) every day. Yesterday morning I glanced at my Zune and it showed greater than half charge left. Twenty minutes of radio later I arrived at work and see a low battery warning. This has happened a few times before and my Zune's battery life in general seems quite poor.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

No, I don't really have any info on the Tuner - Battery Drain issue. Honestly, I was a little suprised to see the issue mentioned, because that's the first I had heard of it. I occasionally use the FM tuner, but not all that frequently. (Mostly to listen to the occasional sporting event.) I probably don't use my FM tuner frequently enough for this issue to pop up. I myself have been quite pleased with the battery life.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
NPrtmn4evr
Ponderer

Thank goodness we'll see this update within a couple weeks. Lately, it seems as if the skipping problem has gotten worse, although it may just be because I've been paying more attention to it.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPrtmn4evr View Post
because I've been paying more attention to it.
Completely off topic, but your post made me think of this. It's funny how sometimes after you first notice an issue or problem, it just seems to bug you more and more, even if you didn't notice it for a time. Just the other day, I noticed for the first time that the house I purchased about 6 years ago has TWO different size vinyl siding on it! WTF? I never noticed it before, but now I can't seem to NOT see it GLARING at me! I'm going to have to rip it down and redo the siding now.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I just want a clock. I'm not a bad person, I just don't wear a watch. Please give me a clock Zune guys.