Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Oodles of iDo Pictures

We reported on the Kinpo iDo S600 not too long ago, and since then, a number of sites have published a good collection of pictures of the device in action. The first lot are from ePrice (Taiwan) - they have a set of clear pictures showing the device from all sorts of angles. The second lot can be seen at Mobile Life (Taiwan) - notable pictures at this site include the iDo being used as a gaming device, a mini-entertainment system, as well as a GPS-enabled device. Finally, Slasphone.com offers a good look at the keypad. Although the iDo runs Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade is expected to be made available in the near future. Freescale 266MHz CPU, 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, miniSD, 262K QVGA (240x320) screen, and a 1.3MP camera - are any of you liking this one?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:46 PM
jhennig
Ponderer

Ugh... a slow processor PLUS the screen isn't VGA. I'm content with my Asus A730w.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
UnnDunn
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to UnnDunn

Any word on pricing? I think this hits the sweet spot for me, as long as the price is low enough.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
saru83
Thinker
Default Re: Oodles of iDo Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
are any of you liking this one?
Actually NO, nothing is special about it at all.... :? i'll wait for the UNIVERSAL :wink:

Old 08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
IcemanMN
Pupil

If the joystick allows diagonal moves, I'm interested. The Samsung i730 only does left-right-up-down.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
ale_ers
Theorist

I really like the design. That removable keypad solves the big problem with PPC phones...how to protect the screen while making the phone as usable as possible. It also allows you to talk without putting your face up to the screen.

I like the Universal's option too, but the lack of an external caller ID display limits the usefulness. To use it as a phone in the closed mode, you would have to open it to see who is calling then close it again to talk.

Of course all of this could be avoided if they improve the Bluetooth on the new devices to make them as reliable as a regular phone.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Other than the SMT5600, this is the only other Smartphone I'd actually consider using. But no Bluetooth?

If the WiFi version comes BT and WM5, I would seriously consider buying. Nice unit!

Old 08-17-2005, 12:42 AM
jhennig
Ponderer

dispite the small size of the device, it looks big and bulky in comparison to larger devices which look much more sleek and refined size-wise.