Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2005, 02:51 AM
OneAngryDwarf
Intellectual
Default J.K. Rowling is stupid for no ebooks

I so don't understand J.K. Rowling's decision not to release her books in ebook format. I'm guessing that's is an attempt to keep it from getting pirated but seriously how dumb is that. Within hours of the book's release it had been scanned, ocr'd, and had initial proofing performed on it and was widely available in a variety of formats on the net.
She stood to earn a lot more money if she had simply released a legit ebook. I love reading on my Pocket PC so much that I haven't read a bound book (w/ the exception of say textbooks or things of that nature) in about 3 years and will pretty much refuse to read a book unless I can read it on my PPC. I would imagine there are plenty of other people just like me who must resort to getting less than legal copies because a legitimate one does not exist. Sure, it would be pirated it if she released it but the only people who would be getting the pirated version would be the same people who are pirating the scanned copy.
Would there be tons of money in an ebook version? Probably not, but there is definitely a sizeable amount of money that she and her publishers will never see.