Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Skyscape's MyPyramid Food Guide Available for Free

http://www.skyscapeonhand.com/eStor...?WT.mc_id=87556

"As part of its growing commitment to providing consumers with effective health and wellness tools, Skyscape Inc. has made the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) MyPyramid food guidance system available for a variety of handheld and smartphone platforms. Skyscape's Food Guide can now be downloaded free of charge from http://www.SkyscapeOnHand.com/mypyramid."

Skyscape has just made its MyPyramid product available as a free download. Based on the USDA's MyPyramid food guidance system, Skyscape MyPyramid provides detailed nutritional and diet information, as well as useful tips for getting the most out of your diet. Check it out!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
signothefish
Intellectual

I have Skyscape's South Beach OnHand, and it is one of the lousiest pieces of software available. It's a clumsy interface, practically featureless, not very intuitive, and installs a bunch of junk on your PC that you can't get rid of (at least, easily) after uninstalling. Forget customer service - there is none. Sure it's free, but are you prepared to perform a massive cleanup if you decide you want to uninstall it? Skyscape needs to really get their act together to become a player in the Pocket PC arena. But don't take my word for it, look at the South Beach OnHand reviews at Handango: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B1%5D_title

I had written up a review on Handango about 2 weeks ago, and they never posted it. I haven't heard from the Skyscape folks either, neither the first nor second times I contacted them about my issues, nor when I left them feedback on their customer satisfaction survey, nor when I posted my review on Handango. Folks, leave this company and their software alone.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM
jlp
Pontificator

When installing from your PC just cancel the creation of a new account. Then go to the ActiveSync panel, choose Tools > Add/remove programs and it will just install the app on your PPC. I installed it on my CF card and it seems to work fine.

You just write your age, sex, activity type (light, medium, etc.)

<rant> But d@m those stupid oz, cups, etc.

YEAH I know it's for Americans, but 1) it's valid for everybody 2) when will you people learn to use standard measurement units for heaven's sake!! Australians did it well over TWO DECADES ago already I was told (how well it is integrated in people's lives remain to be seen :wink.

Those tens of foul units are unmanageable to any normal brain :evil:.

</rant>