Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Bigger and Better: Spb Finance 2.0 Released!

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pro...cts/finance/?en

"Spb Finance is a financial manager that you can carry in your pocket. You don't have to write down all your day's expenses and transfer them to your desktop PC financial manager later. Enter your expenses into Spb Finance on the spot and forget about them, Spb Finance will remember them for you. Entering a transaction is a two-click business, since Spb Finance has a built-in autocompletion feature. Do you use Microsoft Money or Quicken at your desktop? Spb Finance has special features for synchronization with these products."

The new Spb Finance 2.0 works great! Working as a standalone product, or as a product which supports synchronisation with Microsoft Money and Intuit Quicken, Spb Finance 2.0 now features Windows Mobile 5.0 support, ActiveSync 4.0 support, Spb Finance Entry (a quick and easy transaction input mechanism), speed optimisations, improved reports functionality, an improved Today plugin, a new quick search feature, archive functionality, and much more! The new Spb Finance Entry also supports skins for those that enjoy a bit of eye candy.

Spb Finance 2.0 is available from Handango for $24.95 (that covers all three versions of the product - standalone, Money companion, and Quicken companion). A trial version is also available. [Affiliate]

Old 07-13-2005, 02:38 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Existing users of Spb Finance version 1.X can upgrade to Spb Finance 2.0 for $12.95 USD. During 5 days Spb will provide all existing users of Spb Finance 1.X with a 50% discount code.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 AM
bbarker
Philosopher

I wonder how the Money synchronization compares to that of, say, Cash Organizer.

I see in the on SPB's Web site that this synchronization requires the "Money" version:
Quote:
Spb Finance Money and Quick Editions
If you are planning to use your Pocket PC for entering your transactions on the go and browsing reports, while doing the most of the finance management on a desktop PC, you should consider Spb Finance Quick Edition or Money Edition. With these versions of Spb Finance you would be able to seamlessly synchronize all your financial data on Pocket PC with desktop financial programs (Quicken or Microsoft Money) and vice versa. The synchronization is done via ActiveSync, just like Contacts or Calendar Appointments.
It supports Money 2006, so SPB may be ahead of Microsoft on this.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:46 AM
socrates63
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarker
I can't find any additional information about the Money Edition or even a place to download or purchase it. Maybe it's all in the same download.
According to the revision history for Spb Finance, all three versions, including the Money Edition, have been combined into one since v1.9.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:50 AM
bbarker
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarker
I can't find any additional information about the Money Edition or even a place to download or purchase it. Maybe it's all in the same download.
According to the revision history for Spb Finance, all three versions, including the Money Edition, have been combined into one since v1.9.
Yes, I found that and I was deleting that comment from my post while you were posting yours.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Anyone know how to get the upgrade price over at pocketgear?

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 07-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
Anyone know how to get the upgrade price over at pocketgear?
I'm assuming the upgrade code provided by Spb is for Handango only?

Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
EddieH28
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to EddieH28 Send a message via AIM to EddieH28 Send a message via MSN to EddieH28 Send a message via Yahoo to EddieH28

well, activesync still crashes when trying to sync spb 2.0 just like it did in 1.9.

Note: it crashes automatically if go to teh settings of the conduit and click on the FILTER button. that must be being pressed during the sync process causing the crash

Old 07-13-2005, 04:20 PM
JamesM
Ponderer

Does anyone have any opinions on SPB Finance vs. Cash Organizer? I am a current Pocket Quicken user, but am currently evaluating CO (12 days left on my trial). I'm liking CO, but not sure if it's worth another $40 compared to my use of Pocket Quicken. Maybe I should try SPB finance - the price is attractive, but ....
-James

Old 07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

*waiting impatiently for discount code* :worried: