Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Cash Organizer 05

http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=companion

"Cash Organizer '05 Q&M Companion provides continuous data exchange with Microsoft Money� or Quicken� - all you need to have your data synchronized is just to connect you mobile device to PC, and all possibilities of your desktop financial manager when you are on the go. Make business reports and plan your financial future, control a budget and find additional means that you can save for realizing your dreams. It's a professional power available to everyone. Cash Organizer was developed to be your partner from a first use; there are no complicated features you must study before you can use them. Everything is as easy and clear as it can be. "

It works on all Pocket PC 2000, 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003/SE devices. VGA support is included. It is $39.99.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:28 AM
zilla31
Sage

this is a STELLAR program. VGA compatible - works great on my x50v - i use it ever day (sync w/ MS Money 2005).

Old 06-30-2005, 02:40 AM
TheWolfen
Ponderer

I was wondering if you guys were ever going to mention this.. I reported the new version as news weeks ago!! :P Yes... I'm teasing... Anyway.. I agree - definitely an awesome program. I don't know how I lived without it!!

Old 06-30-2005, 03:22 AM
ethancaine
Intellectual

Everyone knows you gotta have money to make money, but now I need a grip of money to see my money? Dag, Money Mobile from microsoft is free. Is this program really worth $40 when compared to the free MS version, and if so, why? Keep in mind, I use Money 2004, so I would need a review directed in that light to be useful. Of course, one of you could be really helpful and tell us the benefits from the Money and the Quicken side...

I apologize for the abruptness. I just really hate when people say "XXX is great, but don't give specifics. I know, I could just read the website reviews, but experience has shown that columnist-reviewers typically aren't daily product users, just one time explorists. I want real world usage, benefits, and downfalls explained.

Okay, I'm off my :soapbox: box.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 AM
OldMan50
Pupil
Default upgrade problem

I downloaded it and installed it. It was suppose to be a free upgrade to me as a previous owner of Cash Orginizer. I put in all the codes etc. ----- did not work.

Was told on e-mail support to buy it instaed of a FREE upgrade. I just bought it in January. So much for supporting the small software community.

---- I am giving them till friday, then I am going to install the older version instead.

This is a warning to the upgraders.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:58 AM
zilla31
Sage

i upgraded for free no problem - they just sent me a new registration key. i've always had positive experience w/ their tech support... good luck tho.

ps i'll try and get into it in much more detail but this program is way more functional than pocket money. in short - you will have way more of the features you are used to in the desktop version of money (pocket money is basically just balances and simple transactions, CO will sync budget, projects, you can insert recurring bills/deposits, setup projects, etc. not to mention it is really visually appealing and user friendly.) do yourself a favor and just try the trial for a few days....

Old 06-30-2005, 04:27 AM
TheWolfen
Ponderer

I also had no problems upgrading a couple of weeks ago. In fact, I found the support to be outstanding.

As for the features, I have to agree with Zilla. I don't have time to reply in detail right now, but it does far more than the free MS Money. Try it - you may find it to be well worth the money, as I did.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:30 AM
signothefish
Intellectual

If Cash Organizer 05 Companion had a desktop companion from Inesoft, I would purchase it for $39.95. But alas, it only interfaces with Quicken and Money, neither of which I have. Still, it looks like an awesome program, and I might consider the Cash Organizer 05 Deluxe for $29.95. My Mastersoft Money is getting clunky and outdated.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:36 AM
TheWolfen
Ponderer

That's one nice thing about it - it will do everything a desktop app will do, except interface directly with the bank (although you can do importing for that, I guess). I wouldn't even use Money if I didn't need to have something interface directly - I'd just use Cash Organizer Dlx.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:58 AM
signothefish
Intellectual

I don't want to take this too off topic, but if I record transactions ahead of time using my receipts, and later download transactions from the bank, is Quicken or Money smart enough to know what I've recorded (so it doesn't count it twice) and what hasn't been recorded?