Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default MobileTechReview Rounds up Six X50 Cases (And Review Them)

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tip...ases-Review.htm

"Recently, I was able to convince my wife that it made sense for me to replace my Dell Axim X3i, with a brand new Dell Axim X50v. . . One of the things I enjoy most about getting a new PDA is accessorizing it. Memory cards, screen protectors, and charging options, all must be considered when you get your new machine. But, as important and interesting as these items are to shop for, nothing beats choosing a case or two for your new toy. Choosing a PDA case is a very important decision for most of us. Aside from offering important protection for our beloved machines, the choice we make tells others a lot about your personality, style, and mindset. Well, maybe not for normal people, but for those of us who really get excited about technology, it can."

So, all you excited case fans will find a real treat in store at MobileTechReview. For your delectation, Andrew has rounded up the Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather, Piel Frama Leather, Sena Leather, Bellagio Design, Covertec Leather, and Innopocket Magnesium cases for the X50v. (Phew, even saying all the names is tiring ;-)). It's a good sized series of reviews with several photos for each case. There's not really a 'winner' as such, as each case has it's own strengths suited to particular purposes. Currently I'm very happy with the case I chose. What about you guys? Do any of these cases tempt you to slap a new wrapper around your X50?

Old 06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Yea, I've always liked SENA cases and that's what's on my X50 right now. The writeup made me think it might be worth giving the Innopocket a shot for the same reasons as the reviewer. A bit more protection on weekends or travel when the Axim may get a little rougher treatment than days at the office. Actually took the link to Innopocket on impulse. Sold Out :|

Old 06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

I've got a Sena case as well. 8) I'm looking at the extended battery and a Senna case to go with it. Tempting.....

Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Hx4700
Intellectual

Now if you could just get a Vaja case to compare the leather and fit to the Piel Frama.
Ron...

Old 06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
xdalaw
Ponderer

I wish they sent me a Vaja to review! :cry:

I've never had one before and I've always wanted to compare it to the best of the rest. But, I can't quite bring myself to buy one since I change PDA's too often. That's one of the reasons that I love the Senas. They are very nice cases, and they are pretty reasonably priced.

-- Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hx4700
Now if you could just get a Vaja case to compare the leather and fit to the Piel Frama.
Ron...

Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
xdalaw
Ponderer
Default Re: MobileTechReview Rounds up Six X50 Cases (And Review Them)

Hello Jonathon-

Thanks for posting my review! I hope some find it helpful in navigating some of the great case options out there.

-- Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon Watkins
"Recently, I was able to convince my wife that it made sense for me to replace my Dell Axim X3i, with a brand new Dell Axim X50v. . . One of the things I enjoy most about getting a new PDA is accessorizing it. Memory cards, screen protectors, and charging options, all must be considered when you get your new machine. But, as important and interesting as these items are to shop for, nothing beats choosing a case or two for your new toy. Choosing a PDA case is a very important decision for most of us. Aside from offering important protection for our beloved machines, the choice we make tells others a lot about your personality, style, and mindset. Well, maybe not for normal people, but for those of us who really get excited about technology, it can."

So, all you excited case fans will find a real treat in store at MobileTechReview. For your delectation, Andrew has rounded up the Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather, Piel Frama Leather, Sena Leather, Bellagio Design, Covertec Leather, and Innopocket Magnesium cases for the X50v. (Phew, even saying all the names is tiring ;-)). It's a good sized series of reviews with several photos for each case. There's not really a 'winner' as such, as each case has it's own strengths suited to particular purposes. Currently I'm very happy with the case I chose. What about you guys? Do any of these cases tempt you to slap a new wrapper around your X50?

Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Re: MobileTechReview Rounds up Six X50 Cases (And Review Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw
Thanks for posting my review! I hope some find it helpful in navigating some of the great case options out there.
No problems. You keep writing em, and we'll keep telling folks about em. ;-) Keep up the good work! :way to go:

Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 AM
miterb
Intellectual

I have just bought one of the Dell X50V devices per the special listed on yesterday's Thoughts. The Sena case looks best overall as I am used to using EB Slipper Cases and it allows synching in the cradle. Does anyone know where on the Sena website I can get a good color photo of the Red/Camel leather version?

Brad

Old 06-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Hx4700
Intellectual

Try cases.com