Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 06-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Interesting Design On Camera Phones

Hey! I just figured out what that silver looking button thing is for on the back of my PDA2K and some other camera phones next to the camera lense. It is to accurately aim the camera at yourself for those important self photographs! Kewl....
8)

Old 06-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default sort of acturatly...

I have a Sony/Ericsson T637 that I love. The "viewfinder" mirror does help but it depends on the resolution you shoot at. I forget which way is which for sure but I think that at the middle and "high" (it's actually just interpolated at this setting) I think the mirror is correct. At the low resolution setting it cuts off a lot of the picture that's shown in the "viewfinder" mirror.

Anyway, you may want to play with your device at different settings so you know how it will act.

It sure is much better than nothing. Otherwise it's almost impossilbe to line up - at least for me

Old 06-12-2005, 06:09 AM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default That's kind of funny

I spelled "accurately" wrong! It's late - and I can't spell anyway!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:25 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: Interesting Design On Camera Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry
Hey! I just figured out what that silver looking button thing is for on the back of my PDA2K and some other camera phones next to the camera lense. It is to accurately aim the camera at yourself for those important self photographs! Kewl....
8)
You mean nothing happens when you press that button? :bad-words: aesthetics... :grumble: What good is a button that doesn't do anything when pressed?

Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 AM
dma1965
Thinker

Oh man !!! All this time I thought it was there to direct the sunlight into the eyes of people I wished to annoy at outdoor events. Now I feel stupid! ops:

Old 06-12-2005, 08:38 AM
beq
Oracle

Hey, I didn't know that either 8O

Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 AM
bjornkeizers
Sage

I am severely disappointed in those of you who didn't know that - I mean, if you can operate a PPC, you've probably seen a mirror right? (well - we *are* geeks, so that's debatable, but still...) ;-)

I'd never seen one and I immediately figured out what it was for. A mirror is for looking into, and a camera takes pictures. So if I look into this, I can take a picture of me! A very simple, elegant, cost-effective, low-tech solution - brilliant engineering!

But considering Ed's just figured this out (we've had these since the first cam phones) - it makes you wonder and cringe at what other, less evolved people do with it. 8O

Old 06-12-2005, 10:43 AM
OneAngryDwarf
Intellectual

Oh my oh my!!! You mean that silvery thing in my bathroom is for looking at myself? Woah all this time I've been avoiding my bathroom cuz I thought somebody else was in there. I discovered that when necessary I can usually crawl under this "mirror" do-hickey and he doesn't show up. Now I can use the bathroom and my camera phone anytime I want now that I know it's just me.
Come on Ed... next you are going to tell us that you always thought that your PPC and phone actually had a blue tooth or something. Some medicines (cycline or at least one in the family) can tint your teeth kind of blue just in case you were wondering. So I guess that was the original blue tooth... ok i know... that was lame.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Dinosaur
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAngryDwarf
Oh my oh my!!! You mean that silvery thing in my bathroom is for looking at myself? Woah all this time I've been avoiding my bathroom cuz I thought somebody else was in there. I discovered that when necessary I can usually crawl under this "mirror" do-hickey and he doesn't show up. Now I can use the bathroom and my camera phone anytime I want now that I know it's just me.
Come on Ed... next you are going to tell us that you always thought that your PPC and phone actually had a blue tooth or something. Some medicines (cycline or at least one in the family) can tint your teeth kind of blue just in case you were wondering. So I guess that was the original blue tooth... ok i know... that was lame.
My, my, you really are one angry dwarf, hmmm? 8)

Old 06-12-2005, 11:13 AM
altermind
Pupil

unfortunatly.. I know alot of people who never knew what is.... including phone salesmen

not everyone is observent to the "socalled" obvious :devilboy: