Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Neonode Exists... And Is Reviewed!?

http://www.mobile-review.com/review...de-n1m-en.shtml

"Probably, there is no more famous long lasting device in the World than the Neonode N1. Announced more than three years ago, it was much discussed, delighted, was forgotten for some time, remembered again and discussed once more...Neonode announced the Neonode N1m in the first quarter of 2005 - the smartphone differs from the previous one in triple GSM band instead of the double, the presence of a vibracall, a megapixel camera, a new Windows CE 5.0 core. This very version got into our hands for tests, so, sharing the impressions."

Longtime readers probably remember that we posted on this device with some excitement many years ago, but sadly, the company never managed to put the pieces together until now. Mobile-Review actually managed to get their hands on the newest revision, which is based on CE 5.0 but with a custom shell (instead of Windows Mobile), and gives it a spin. While the formfactor looks appealing and the device has a touchscreen, the software bundle seems lacking at best. If they'd integrate a version of the Windows Mobile OS, I'd take a serious look at it.

Old 05-21-2005, 12:17 AM
hoodmeister
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to hoodmeister Send a message via AIM to hoodmeister Send a message via MSN to hoodmeister

Interesting, but not something I'd likely go for.

The lack of WM support is just too big an issue for me :\

Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 AM
jasondearyou
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to jasondearyou Send a message via MSN to jasondearyou

i dont see the point.... whats this device selling point? compared to whats out there, and what this offers i dont see a need.

Old 05-21-2005, 12:16 PM
bjornkeizers
Sage

Agreed. Too little, too late, and it's the ugliest piece of kit I've seen in a looong time.