Originally Posted by zilla31
just curious but what's the point of using something like this (or wififofum) over the built in utility that finds APs and connects you (using an x50v)?
WiFiFoFum (or any other, similar tool, even commercial ones also supporting closed AP's like Odyssey) has tons of advantages over WZC:
- it does not search (and try to connect to) networks in the background
- it only connects to what you really want to connect to and not to an arbitrary / already visited one
- it doesn't annoy the user with constant 'Connect to' Connectivity bubbles
- it causes no Wi-Fi throughput hit because of the constant looking for new AP's in the background (not that it would be THAT much with WZC; see for example http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...ic.php?t=35119
on my measurements of the runtime bandwidth and CPU hit caused by this)
- WiFiFoFum also displays a lot of additional info (signal strength, is it locked/open etc) and can even be used with a GPS for 'real' warddriving.