Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default HP iPAQ hw6510 Mobile Messenger now Showing on HP's UK Site

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/e...1679-21679.html

It's getting closer to release now - hw6510 Mobile Messenger is now showing up on HP's UK site, along with the hw6515. One has a camera, one doesn't, but otherwise I believe they're identical. I have a hunch we'll see this product up on the HP.com Web site, and an official release date, early next week when MEDC 2005 starts.

Update by Darius: Other EU websites also have the hw6510/hw6515 on display - to name a couple, HP France and HP Germany.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
seaflipper
Intellectual

Yes, I've been thinking they might announce it then! Let's hope that it's Bill announcing it for them, as the flagship "Magento" device and 100% bug free...

Ok, maybe the bug free part is a little greedy

Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaflipper
Yes, I've been thinking they might announce it then! Let's hope that it's Bill announcing it for them, as the flagship "Magento" device and 100% bug free...

Ok, maybe the bug free part is a little greedy
I was thinking the same thing (Well maybe not the bug free part..), but if you look at the UK HP site - it lists the OS as Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. I doubt they'd list the old OS if they are truly planning on releasing it with Magneto.

Considering HP released the 63XX with WM2003 after WM2003SE was announced, I guess we should get usesd to HP releasing phones with a previous generation OS. :cry:

Old 05-07-2005, 12:32 AM
PPCMD
Thinker

Yeah but since its being released right around the same time WM2005 is being announced and in turn being turned over to the mfg's they had better be ready for users to say what the, wheres my OS upgrade and in true HP fashion they will give us the one finger salute and say buy a new device.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Other EU sites are showing the hw6510/hw6515 as well. I'll update the post.