Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default CityTime 2.0 Released

http://www.codecity.net/prodctppc.htm

"CityTime is an advanced world time system for handheld devices. New version 2.0: Includes corrections to the Pocket PC's definitions of Daylight Saving Time for Israel, Brazil, Mexico and many other locations. Now the most accurate world time piece for the Pocket PC!"

I've been playing around with CityTime 2.0 for quite some time now, and I must say that its features are rather impressive. Version 2.0 includes VGA support, an online-updated currency converter, the ability to zoom and pan the world map, an international dialling helper, and much more. There's also excellent integration with Pocket Outlook, Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion. If you travel a lot, then CityTime is worth a look. Handango have all the features listed and they also have a trial version available for download. If CityTime 2.0 is what you're after, it can be purchased for $14.95. [Affiliate]

Old 04-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

I love this app. It seemed to upgrade my 1.7.x version just fine and I seem to still be registered. Still no way to put a category into an appointment at the time of creation, but you can edit it in Calendar or Pocket Informant later if you like.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Ripper014
Oracle

Does not seem to want to run it true VGA mode though, at least the first screen with the map. The other screens are fine.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:38 PM
kennyg
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper014
Does not seem to want to run it true VGA mode though, at least the first screen with the map. The other screens are fine.
It should on all Pocket PC 2003 SE devices, what device are you using it on?

Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Ripper014
Oracle

It shouldn't matter which device I am using... but I have a Toshiba e830... I ran the v2.0 demo on my device with which I am using Oz_VGA in true VGA mode.

All the screens extended ok... with the exception of the map on the main screen, it stayed in quarter scale. I have since uninstalled the program.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
It shouldn't matter which device I am using... but I have a Toshiba e830... I ran the v2.0 demo on my device with which I am using Oz_VGA in true VGA mode.

All the screens extended ok... with the exception of the map on the main screen, it stayed in quarter scale. I have since uninstalled the program.
Do you need its functionality that little that if you hit a glitch you uninstall? Why not contact them? Their support is great and I am sure they would either like to help you fix the issue or know there is a problem on their end with your type of device.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:15 PM
SofaTater
Intellectual

It's nice that you can just install the upgrade over previous versions and it picks up the existing serial number -- I wish all upgrades were that easy...

Old 05-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Ripper014
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry
Quote:

Do you need its functionality that little that if you hit a glitch you uninstall? Why not contact them? Their support is great and I am sure they would either like to help you fix the issue or know there is a problem on their end with your type of device.
I didn't need the functionality at all... I just thought I would install it to see what it could do especially since it claimed to have full VGA support.

The program seems to be a good one for a business person that travels a lot... other than that there are other programs that have the feature sets that the average person would use. But I will say that I may have missed a few things since I only spent a few minutes going through each tab.

Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 PM
bdoherty
Pupil
Default Re: CityTime 2.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
There's also excellent integration with Pocket Outlook, Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion.
On my hx4700, CityTime has added some extra menu options to PI5.5 ("City Appointment" and "Flight Appointment"), however clicking the menu options don't do anything.

Is there a trick to getting them to work. I'm guessing that it should create a new City Appointment / Flight Appointment if you select the menu after highlighting a day, and if you were on an existing appointment that you created as an City Appointment / Flight Appointment, it would open citytime's appointment screen.

Any tips on how to get it to work. I emailed citytime last week, but no response.

Old 08-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Re: CityTime 2.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoherty
On my hx4700, CityTime has added some extra menu options to PI5.5 ("City Appointment" and "Flight Appointment"), however clicking the menu options don't do anything.
Do you receive an error message such as "unable to load DLL" or does it not do anything at all?

You can try reinstalling CityTime and/or Pocket Informant. If that still fails, then ceteris paribus, it's an issue which Code City will have to resolve.