Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 04-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Fujitsu-Siemens Releases 2003 SE OS Upgrade for Pocket Loox

http://www.firstloox.org/forums/sho...read.php?t=3599

A quick note to let all you Loox owners that Fujitsu-Siemens has done something I wish more OEMs would do: release an operating system upgrade for their Pocket PCs. Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for the Pocket LOOX 410 and 420 in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. And for a mere 14.99 euros! Nicely done Fujitsu-Siemens: I wish more Pocket PCs cared enough about their customers to sell OS upgrades.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:35 AM
zetsurin
Ponderer
Default Nice!

That's very nice to see, and an incredibly sensible price to boot. I wonder if this implys that a 2005 OS upgrade won't be on offer? Of course nobody but Fujitsu (hey maybe even Fujitsu don't know right now) would have any idea about that. People will Loox's should really support this effort though.

I am crossing my fingers that O2 will eventually offer a WM2005 for my XDA Mini, as if one isn't forthcoming this will be the last Pocket PC device I ever own. I've owned one per OS release over the last x years and I'm not doing it anymore *stamps foot* :twisted:

Old 04-13-2005, 07:13 AM
ADBrown
Pontificator
Default Re: Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsurin
I am crossing my fingers that O2 will eventually offer a WM2005 for my XDA Mini, as if one isn't forthcoming this will be the last Pocket PC device I ever own. I've owned one per OS release over the last x years and I'm not doing it anymore *stamps foot* :twisted:
But what's the fun in not getting the newest hardware every year? :lol:

By the way, O2 has no control over what happens to your machine. It's designed and built by HTC, and O2 only resells it.

Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
surur
Mystic

This (and the nice hardware) is why I rewards FSC with my money. They have offered a number of upgrades in the past, and when I bought my Loox 720 in December, knowing Magneto was only a few months away, I knew there was at least some small hope of an upgrade.

Of course these days one would be stupid to presume anything, but Fujitsu Siemens has quite a history of producing upgrades, even though its often 6 months or more late. Better late than never I guess.

Pity they still have not produced that pocketpcphone yet. They promised to many years ago...

Surur

Old 04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
LightMan
Pupil

Well, well, there is some good in this world after all :mrgreen: ... I wonder if we'll see the same policy when the time comes for the WM2K5 upgrade, but at least for now thumbs up to Fujitsu for this one

Old 04-13-2005, 04:11 PM
ipaq_wannabe
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to ipaq_wannabe
Default not me...

i guess i wouldnt be praising fujitsu much on this one - since basically, me - a customer in japan (home of fujitsu), and having a loox wouldnt get any upgrade...

fujitsu in europe may be given the praise - but even under the same banner, there are just some to dont care about their customers (even to offer an upgrade)...

Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Duncan
Pontificator
Default Re: not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaq_wannabe
i guess i wouldnt be praising fujitsu much on this one - since basically, me - a customer in japan (home of fujitsu), and having a loox wouldnt get any upgrade...

fujitsu in europe may be given the praise - but even under the same banner, there are just some to dont care about their customers (even to offer an upgrade)...
Two points - 1) Fujitsu-Siemens in Europe and Fujitsu in Japan are functionally different companies and so may make different choices; 2) A version of the Loox 400 series was never released by Fujitsu so the point is a moot one.