Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Calligrapher 7.5 Released

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...8&productType=2

"CalliGrapher analyzes pen strokes written in any application window, converts the pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to a target application. Employing advanced fuzzy logic and neural net techniques; CalliGrapher recognizes arbitrary alphanumeric strings as well as words from its integrated dictionary."

Phatware Corporation have just updated Calligrapher for Pocket PCs to v7.5. The updates since v7.4 include: improved PenCommander functionality, new user-defined functions, fixes for several compatibility issues, as well as updated documentation and PenCommander script references. The update is free for all registered Calligrapher 7.0 users. The upgrade policy can be found here. If you're interested in giving Calligrapher a spin, Handango are offering a trial version for free. If it's to your liking, you can purchase the full version for $29.95. [Affiliate]

Old 03-22-2005, 02:55 PM
surur
Mystic

Any idea how this works in true vga mode?

Surur

Old 03-22-2005, 03:53 PM
bigray327
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
Any idea how this works in true vga mode?
It works just fine. The toolbar is a little small, but at least you can super-size the virtual keyboard. True VGA users are obviously not a huge priority for them still, though, since the settings menus are still QVGA.

The memory footprint of 7.5 seems to be smaller; that's good news.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I installed this last night after using Fitaly exclusively for a while. So far, so good except in order to get it to recognize any pen commands, I had to assign one to a toolbar button and execute it from there before it would recognize them by the standard method.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
beq
Oracle

For me it's fixed the v7.4 problem where the touch screen stops responding, requiring a soft reset.

http://www.tekguru.co.uk/phpBB2/view...p?t=5673#35942

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sho...hreadid=114398