Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-12-2005, 03:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Nero Announces ShowTime Mobile at CeBIT

http://www.ahead.de/en/Nero_ShowTime_Mobile.html

"Nero, leaders in digital media technology, has announced plans to release Nero ShowTime Mobile, a universal multimedia player for mobile devices with Symbian, Windows CE and Windows Mobile operating systems. Nero ShowTime Mobile will bring the full Nero Digital� media experience to a wide range of existing and upcoming personal devices. With a unique design, Nero ShowTime Mobile will provide a single, intuitive look on all the supported platforms regardless of the Operating System. Users will no longer need to search for and adapt to a new player or re-encode their multimedia collections every time they upgrade their cellular phone or PDA."

Nero's newly-announced ShowTime Mobile supports the playback of MP4, M4A, MP3, AAC and WAV - but amongst all that, one of its key features is full support for UPnP. ShowTime Mobile is able to automatically discover UPnP devices on a network, thus allowing for an easy-to-manage remote playback solution. It's designed to integrate with Nero MediaHome. Other features such as equalizers, playlists and battery-optimised playback are all neatly packed into this application. So how do you acquire it? ShowTime Mobile is still in beta (according to the website), but if you're interested, it can still be downloaded free of charge for people who register a full version of Nero 6 or higher (retail or downloaded version). More details can be found at the ShowTime Mobile webpage. If you're interested in reading the press release, click here.

Old 03-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

I like how they picture a Handspring Visor device on their page using the software even though there is no way it could handle it (beside the fact that Palm OS 3.x isn't support). :lol:

Old 03-12-2005, 05:45 AM
jeffmd
Thinker

what the heck is nero doing making pocket pc music players? ^^

Well theres no ogg support so that pretty much nixes it off my try list.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:51 AM
kennyg
Intellectual

That and they have the worlds worst technical support and upgrade policies.

When I bought Nero 5.5 they double billed me and refused to refund, even though I never even got a registration code. I had to contact my bank and have them revoke payment. Last I'll ever deal with them...

Kenny.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:55 AM
saru83
Thinker

The s/w looks cool, but anyways i agree with these guys

Old 03-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Kind of cool, but no WMA or WMV support? Useless for my needs.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:30 AM
alabij
Intellectual

Same here! In today's media world how can you not support WMA.

Old 03-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Kind of cool, but no WMA or WMV support? Useless for my needs.
Good point. I recall that over the past few years, Nero was never really at the forefront in WMA/WMV support. Seems like there's still some catching up to do. :|

Old 03-12-2005, 08:18 AM
marlof
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabij
Same here! In today's media world how can you not support WMA.
Well.... I guess they have in mind users like me who like to use anything but WMA/WMV. But I agree: this *is* limiting the software.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Spenser
Ponderer

on the other hand: from mpg/DVD to Nero-Digital is a 1-step (and very fast) process to watching a film on your ppc. While I'm writing this I'm just encoding a TV-film from tonight. I'll tell you how the result looks like.