Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default New Zune Thoughts Template

We couldn't leave well enough alone, so we've updated the template here at Zune Thoughts. Be sure to clear your browser cache (CONTROL+F5 on a PC) or things will look very strange. There were a few goals we had with this re-design:
  • Create a template that all other Thoughts Media Web sites can use.
  • Spruce up the visual design of the template by adding new graphics, changing the colours, and adding general polish (the first template was done in quite a hurry for our launch).
  • Create a high-visibility area where we can promote our articles and original content.
  • Highlight top stories, articles, and recent posts in our forums.
  • Expose the power of the network: we want to show you what's going on with the other Thoughts Media sites, from the articles we're publishing on them, to the news items that are being published.
  • Speed up page loading: by switching to a new AJAX-based RSS feed solution, the page will load first,then the RSS feeds up top and in the right column. Everything feels snappier.
  • Make front-page archives easier to get at by having links at the bottom of the front page.
  • Drive added revenue: sad but true, money matters, and since Thoughts Media is what I do for a living, we added one new advertising zone to the front page and recently added a new ad zone to the forums.
Feedback on the new template is welcome, as long as it's constructive and nicely worded! ;-)