Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Weather To Go 2.0 Released

http://tonaya.com/products/wtg/index.php

Late last year, I posted on the release of Weather To Go 1.0. Over the past few months, a bit of work went into enhancing the product, and in the recently-released Version 2.0, you'll find a more reliable weather source (NOAA) and support for extended weather information. Unfortunately, the United States restriction still applies, but for those of you who live there, I doubt you can disregard this free offering, unless you already have a more reliable mobile weather application.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
powder2000
Thinker

So, of the current crop of weather programs, how does this stack up? what would be cool is a ppcthoughts hosted comparison chart of similar software titles (on the most popular of course) so that someone can see which program best suits them. This could even be a user contributed feature that would eliminate extra work for your staff. Just my two cents.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:57 PM
powder2000
Thinker

Didn't see it was free ops: . Still, a comparison chart would be cool.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:09 PM
archinemnon
Pupil

Well I've been looking for a weather plugin for a while now but really didn't want to shell out the cash. I tried this one and it seems rather buggy for me. It won't display my Location and I only get three days of the forecast... I know my city isn't that large but we use the NOAA weather service on our phone system at work and I know the information for my area is better than what is displaying. Maybe I should just break down and buy a real one. Any suggestions on which I should spring for? I was thinking Spb since I use their Pocket Plus program and really like it.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

I really like SPB because you can hide it in a PP tab... Saves some precious screen real estate. Functionally it's great, also, as is everything from them.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
BarePaw
Ponderer

I'm having the same problems. Mine is only showing two days and the towns where it is getting it's data are half a state away. I find this odd since I can get closer weather info from NOAA's website.
Not too bad for being free, but if your weather is as erratic as it is here, this program is not really worth the screen space it takes up.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:01 AM
drosenth
Pupil

I used this for a while, but I just had too many issues. Finally I decided to spend $7.95 on pocket weather, and it is perfect for what I need. Check it out at: http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketweather/. Great stuff, reliable, and feature packed. Tonaya did a great job, but unfortunately you get what you pay for.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:29 AM
mattp
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drosenth
I used this for a while, but I just had too many issues. Finally I decided to spend $7.95 on pocket weather, and it is perfect for what I need. Check it out at: http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketweather/. Great stuff, reliable, and feature packed. Tonaya did a great job, but unfortunately you get what you pay for.
Exact same situation with me.

I like pocket weather's maps feature and the ability to download several cities. Plus, it hasn't failed me yet.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
genoist_gps
Pupil

Is there a mirror for this software? I haven't been able to visit the site to download it. :bawl:

Old 03-03-2005, 06:42 PM
archinemnon
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoist_gps
Is there a mirror for this software? I haven't been able to visit the site to download it. :bawl:
Well the link works fine for me, not sure how they feel about posting direct download links here so I'll pm you that.