Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default 63xx Rom Updates Available - Sorry T-Mobile Customers!

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/f...e/105_6093.html

As is being reported around the net (And in my "Has HP Abandoned" thread from a few days back), HP released ROM updates for the 6340 and 6365 a few days back. These updates fix a number of issues including new GSM firmware, updated WiFi and Bluetooth stacks, and more. Also listed in the enhancement section is the ever popular "Increases [Bluetooth] headset compatibility" and "Improves [GSM] Reception"!

We T-Mobile users need not worry about this ROM update because even though we desperately need it, it won't install on our IPaqs! I speculate this is because of the amount of specialty T-Mobile software needed on the device to support features such as "My Email Triggers" (Which is one of the nicest features they offer IMHO..) and who could live without the T-Mobile logo and jingle ring tone... :roll:

Come on T-Mobile - finish your testing and get this ROM update ready for us 6315 users!

Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
dsb
Neophyte

I had given up on my 6340 and resigned myself to selling it so I had packed it away, logs onto the PPT website this morning (as I always do) and ther is the new I have been waiting fo a rom update from HP, this will surley cause me to reconsider selling the ipaq. Loaded the rom patch onto my 6340, no problems, nothing looks to have changed but I go through some testing. Finds blutooth headset, no problem, phone rings and it seems much louder - great. Speaking on the phone is clear and crisp.
I then go out to lunch, the phone rings, my headset activates straight away (this is going well), but then comes the reply from the caller "where are you calling from, I can hardley hear you, you sound like your in a tunnel" sigh!
Back in the box it goes, the sim card goes back into my Nokia 6210 that works all the time every time.
I will not attempt the combined PDA/Phone combanation for a very long time, I have come to the conclution that I need a phone to make calls and I need a PDA to act as my personal computer and they both do there individual roles well.

Old 02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari
Default Re: 63xx Rom Updates Available - Sorry T-Mobile Customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westfall
Come on T-Mobile - finish your testing and get this ROM update ready for us 6315 users!
Trust me. As someone who knows, they're in no hurry to get that update out there...

Old 02-18-2005, 05:37 PM
MikeUnwired
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to MikeUnwired Send a message via Yahoo to MikeUnwired

Ok, a stupid question from someone that SHOULD know. How do I get an unlocked h63xx unit so I cna slip my Cingular SIM card in and be all-in-one enabled again?

Old 02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Peter Traugot
Ponderer

Well, at least you guys have something in the pipeline. I have a 4700 and, oh, did I mention, we have NO idea when (AND IF!) HP will update these devices...

Sigh. :roll:

Old 02-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Well, we're hoping we have something in the pipeline!

Anyway, for what its worth, today has been a very good 6315 day - it hasn't given me any problem at all today.... Its a "love" day.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:02 PM
q-live
Thinker

THIS IS WHY I AM LEAVING TMOBILE ASAP..... I AM SICK OF THEIR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THEIR FFFFFF CUSTOMERS..... HELL THEY MAY AS WELL BE SPRINT...... hopefully if the samsung i730 dont get fff up (meaning no wi fi) i will go str8 to verizon because truthfully i cant handle tmobile anymore and their garbage products or tech support :evil: :twisted:

Old 02-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

The grass isn't always greener, my friend. 0X

Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 PM
alex_kac
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Traugot
Well, at least you guys have something in the pipeline. I have a 4700 and, oh, did I mention, we have NO idea when (AND IF!) HP will update these devices...

HP traditionally is very good at updates. They don't do them once a month, but more like once every 3-6 months.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:24 AM
jimski
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_kac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Traugot

HP traditionally is very good at updates. They don't do them once a month, but more like once every 3-6 months.
So that means we get an update next month. Thank's for making my day.