Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Announcements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2005, 10:41 AM
tcdk
Neophyte
Default MiniMo: First Mozilla build for Win Mob!

Doug Turner has just released his first build of MiniMo for PPC.

You can find his post about it on news://news.mozilla.org in the netscape.public.mozilla.small-devices forum <news://news.mozilla.org:119/[email protected]>

Here are a few quotes:

Quote:
The binary is 3.8MB compressed not including security. To run the build I have, you need about 5mb of memory to display www.google.com

Another thing you will notice is the UI for the application is terrible. I really need your input and windows ce coding skills here.

You can download a sneak peak at this build here: http://www.meer.net/~dougt/minimo_ce/MinimoCE_0.002.zip . Keep in mind, it is basically the second build that I made that actually rendered a page successfully. When you check it out, remember I told you: Lots of work to do; Lots of work to do.

Please let me know what you think and sign up for work if you can. we can't make this happen without you.
I have to add: Please remember that this is work in progress and basicly a call for help.

I tried it out and it runs on my Axim v50x, and it does some really strange things., but overall the rendering seems to work as it should and I'm really looking forward to a more polished version.

* The worst of it is that it moves the application bar to the buttom of the screen covering the "open keyboard" icon, making it impossible to enter a new url.

* Seems to be missing support for international characters....

* When running the x50v in vga, it will open qvga windows, that you can actually move around, but can't resize and they will pop to the top of the screen when they get focus (sorry, could get the screen capture to work with this).

* Impossible to close without doing a soft reset.

Heres a couple of screen captures: