Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Weather Fans Rejoice - Spb Weather Has Been Released!

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...8&productType=2

"Spb Weather is the most powerful weather forecast Today plug-in. You can customize weather views, skins and even the weather forecast data source. Spb Pocket Plus users can save space on their Today screen running Spb Weather as a tab."

Over the past few months, I've watched Spb Weather grow from an idea to a final product, and I'm happy to see that after a lot of testing, it is now a joy to use. Spb Weather is a today plug-in designed to deliver the latest worldwide weather reports from a variety of weather sources - these include GisMeteo, Intellicast, and Weather.com, and if you want, you can even create your own! Support for skins is extensive and units can be extensively customised. In addition, options such as frequency of updates, view modes, traffic statistics, and extended information can all be accessed, and lastly, if you remember the product integration feature that was discussed in Spb Pocket Plus 2.5, Spb Weather is another supported application, so you can save even more space on your today screen. Spb Weather can be purchased for $14.95 from Handango. A trial version is also available. [Affiliate]

Old 02-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Agreed. Additional screenshot at www.ehansberry.com/pages/pocketpc.html using a slightly different config for the view. This is one killer plugin to the already top notch Pocket Plus. :way to go:

Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

I'm hooked on it already - no more having to wait for a Yahoo! SMS every morning to plan my day

Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Bought it, configured it, got it running as smoothly as I had PocketWeather. Then I got the email from Spb stating that since I had bought other products from them in the past, I was eligible for a $5 discount on the product. :?

But, neglecting that fact, I pclove: it. Especially the ability to add custom locations.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:42 AM
gorkon280
Philosopher

Looks like a nice weather app. Just curious though, what is with the tick marks at the to of the screen shot? My 4355 does not have this. Is that a plugin or other program?

I have not used a program like WISBar for quit sometime as it's never gave me a good setup for turning WiFi on and off which is something I do quite often.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkon280
Looks like a nice weather app. Just curious though, what is with the tick marks at the to of the screen shot? My 4355 does not have this. Is that a plugin or other program?

I have not used a program like WISBar for quit sometime as it's never gave me a good setup for turning WiFi on and off which is something I do quite often.
That's a battery meeter from Spb Pocket Plus. The tabs in the screenshot are also a part of Pocket Plus, and a feature of Pocket Plus 2.5 lets you put several other Spb programs in these tabs.

Great program, I'll probably buy it later this week.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkon280
The dashes? that is the always-available battery meter in Pocket Plus 2.X.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westfall
I'm hooked on it already - no more having to wait for a Yahoo! SMS every morning to plan my day
And more pleasing to the eye too.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:03 AM
TheWolfen
Ponderer

I love Spb products, but I'm a bit disappointed by this app. I've been hoping Spb Weather would be the ultimate weather app, but it doesn't even come close (yes - I realize now that's not what they were shooting for). Radar and satellite image support is critical to me, as are text forecasts (far more detail there). However, it is a powerful Today plug-in with a great deal of flexibility, just as they claim. I'll probably purchase it (once I get that email with the discount :wink: ) so I can have a nice VGA plug-in, especially with the Spb Plus integration, but I'll keep using ADB Weather Plus as my main weather application. I just wish it supported VGA like this app does!

Old 02-15-2005, 04:55 AM
KTamas
Thinker

Well...Looks good but...I'll stay with pocketweather