Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default GeniusPro Conversion Software - This Week's Handango Goody

http://www.handango.com/HandangoHol...=1&platformId=2

"An advanced Unit Converter for Professionals and will take care of all of your Unit Conversion needs. A must have utility for everyone who is related with units and measurements."

If you have a Handango GoPass account, you can take advantage of this week's free application offered by Handango. GeniusPro is designed to be a quick and easy-to-use unit converter. For those of you interested in it, you can login and download the product from here.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM
sheik
Ponderer

Requires eVB runtime to run. Looks pretty useful though!

/\dam

Old 01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
chasmanor
Pupil

I want to get the GeniusPro but, after reading previous posts about eVB, I am concerned some of my other programs may have trouble if I install eVB. Not having a real grasp of this, can you tell me if there is any danger to my iPAQ 2215 if I install eVB? or do I already have it on my 2215?

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:47 PM
powder2000
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanor
I want to get the GeniusPro but, after reading previous posts about eVB, I am concerned some of my other programs may have trouble if I install eVB. Not having a real grasp of this, can you tell me if there is any danger to my iPAQ 2215 if I install eVB? or do I already have it on my 2215?

Thanks for any help.
I needed it for a passwords program that I have been using forever. I have an ipaq 1945 and haven't had any problems with it. What kind of problems were others having?

Old 01-19-2005, 07:03 PM
chasmanor
Pupil

One person said, in part "...I think that eVB was breaking my CE.Net on Windows Mobile 2003 devices. I never had a probem with SE, but with regular WM2003, my devices always eventually broke CE.Net apps (they'd just fail to run with no errors or dialogs)." And there were a couple of others.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:51 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

As much as I would use this app, eVB just doesn't make it worth it imo. I've had far too many problems in the past to use any app that requires it.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:02 AM
HandyMed
Neophyte

As a developer who is currently in the Dark Ages and who relies on the eVB runtime files (darn WinMobile 2005 :evil: ), I can say customers using the devices out there are able to load the runtime files without much of a problem and use my software without issues (besides the undocumented features of my software :roll: ). So, I would try to avoid the blanket 'eVB programs are bad' statement, because you pass up a lot of useful software that is put out by people working to keep the Pocket PC a vibrant platform. Too bad the free development platform of eVB is going away.

Personally, I use an iPaq 2215 with a lot of software on it and can say there is no odd behaviour which is due to the eVB files being present. So, grab GeniusPro and enjoy!
Mike

Old 01-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Rocketeer
Pupil

How do you install eVB? I downloaded it, but it's a CAB file. How do I get it on my Axim X50V?

Old 01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
HandyMed
Neophyte

I actually have a very simple, text-only script on how to use the eVB runtime files. It's written for one of my programs, called HandyCards, but will apply to any other program. The most important part to consider is that the runtime files must be installed prior to trying to use a program which will use the runtime files. Here is the tutorial:
http://www.handymed.com/Support/FAQ.htm#FaqPoPC7

You should be all set.
Mike