Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Microth Claviature - Large-Button SIP

http://www.microth.com/claviature/

"Claviature is an innovative text input method combining easy to use large keys and small screen footprint. It provides a comfortable and fast text input for all Pocket PC applications in about 60 world languages."

This looks very cool -- it uses multiple stroking directions to disambiguate what letter you're using. I wonder how well it works in practice -- if anyone tries it, feel free to comment below.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Don't wanna lead this too far off topic, but I really like that it's small and skinnable at the same time. Being a long time FITALY devotee, this one looks interesting also. I'd definitely like to know what others think of it.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:31 AM
wouterk
Pupil

As being a real text input junkie ( :lol: ) I just had to try this Claviature thing. And I must say that it looks very promising.
Good thing is the gesting mode. You can make space, backspace, shift and enter on every key. That speeds it up a lot. :lol:
I always come back to Fitaly but that is mainly because of the possibility to work with shortcuts. So you can have predefind text appear in just a few taps. Too bad Claviature doesn't have that but it is already pretty fast after just a couple of minutes of testing.
I keep it on for a while and see if it can keep up with my Fitaly speed.
Wouter

Old 12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
oVan
Pupil

I've just entered 1 sentence with this keyboard and I must say that it is much easier to learn than fitaly.

Also, Fitaly has a lot of visibility problems, and some special keys are not ideally placed. If only they would allow skinning and positioning of the keys I could make it like I want.

I'll have a look at the skinning functionality in this keyb, but so far it looks promising.