Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Crikey! Animal Cases for the PDA!

http://www.n-signia.com/

"nSignia makes a high quality, custom designed, leather case for PDA devices, utilizing the finest materials. We handmake our PDA cases in Australia. This is what allows us to offer our Lifetime Guarantee on all our leather PDA cases."

Australian company, nSignia, have a range of exotic leather and cowhide cases exclusively handmade for your Pocket PC (and Palm). If you've ever wanted to wrap a crocodile around your device, now you can! Other exotic leathers include the barramundi, kangaroo, ostrich and shark, and the cases can also be specially personalised with your initials embossed on the front cover. The current product range mainly supports the older Compaq and HP iPAQ devices, but will rapidly increase in the near future with support for the Dell, Toshiba, and Sony PDAs, as well as the Blackberry and iPod. Support for the new iPAQs are also coming soon. They are also offering the chance for you to win your own exotic leather case! All you need to do is fill out a survey and you're on your way to bringing out the "beast" in your Pocket PC. The survey is designed to provide feedback on what cases PDA users are looking for. Ultimately, this will help nSignia design future cases whose purpose is to meet customers' wants and needs in a case. But enough rambling on from me, head on down to nSignia and check it out for yourself.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:05 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Fortunately, they have no eel-skin cases

Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 AM
marcm
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
Hmm... that would be a slippery experience... :lol:

<sarcasm>On the other hand, an electric eel case could double as an extended battery for your PDA</sarcasm>

Old 12-14-2004, 03:41 AM
Deus
Thinker

Shark? I'm not too sure about that but...I won't get intot a Peta uproar quite yet.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcm
Quote:
Hmm... that would be a slippery experience... :lol:

<sarcasm>On the other hand, an electric eel case could double as an extended battery for your PDA</sarcasm>
Funny. :lol:

I'm actually checking out these cases today. Despite the somewhat "queer-sounding" leathers they use in their exotic leather cases, I'm expecting nothing but quality. I'll let you know what they're like.

You can't disregard the fact that they're handmade.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:51 AM
ombu
Theorist

:twisted:

Old 12-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
I'll let you know what they're like.
Well, I had a look at a few of their products and I have to say I'm very impressed. It looks good, feels good, smells good, and works good. It's definitely worth heading over to their website and checking it out for yourself.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:53 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

You checked them out in person? Already?

Old 12-14-2004, 05:55 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
You checked them out in person? Already?
Yes. nSignia are only a few minutes away from me. I wasn't kidding when I said I was going to have a look at the cases today.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

eh....Give me the skin of the wily South American Neoprene and I'm happy.
I've never been into leather for anything other then my car. I don't know. I just like synthetic on my PDA anything else feels a little too cowboyish. Like I should be walking around with spires and a 10 gallon hat on.