Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default Seidio BlueTalk BT Car Kit

http://www.seidioonline.com/Product...de=CK2AG200BTHF

"Seidio BlueTalk Bluetooth car kit is the ultimate in-car hands-free and wireless solution. It is very easy to use and install. The Seidio BlueTalk Bluetooth Car Kit provides you with these added benefits:"

� Installation free: Plugs directly into your cigarette-lighter without additional wiring.
� Bluetooth wireless connection: Bluetooth 1.1 compliant with broad support for most current and future Bluetooth Smartphones.
� Integrated speaker with volume control: Improves sound output from your Smartphone and allows you to listen to GPS commands or audio books.
� Full duplex hands-free operation: The built-in amplified speaker and microphone allows complete hands-free speakerphone while driving.
� Acoustic Echo Cancellation: Integrated digital signal processor provides noise reduction, echo cancellation and background noise cancellation.
� External microphone jack: Allows improved sound capture with included external microphone.

Here's something I need! I've gotten in so many phone-related accidents that my car looks like a crouton with wheels. I like the addition of an included external microphone, too - now I won't have to turn off the soothing sounds of my Foghat tribute band to answer the phone. Seriously, this looks really useful, and the $89.95 asking price doesn't sound too shabby. What do you think?

Old 12-10-2004, 09:35 PM
griffin911
Pupil

Is anyone else amused that they have this great piece of tech for WIRELESS communication but then connect the microphone with a long dangling wire!!!!???

Old 12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
capo
Ponderer
Default it's a special "wireless" wire

I would hope that's the included external mic, otherwise it does seem just a bit silly.

Old 12-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Paragon
Magi

I reviewed a device like this a year or so ago...it had a wireless mic, btw. The big plus for devices like this aside from being wireless is that they seperate the mic, and the speaker, and in so doing they make the sound quality for the person on the other end MUCH better, because they are not getting feedback, and echo from the mic picking up the speaker.

Dave

Old 12-11-2004, 02:11 AM
SassKwatch
Philosopher

I hope you don't take it personally, but I can't get past the concept of a 'Foghat tribute band' long enough to consider the benefits of the kit. Foghat did something worthy of 'tribute'?!?! There's a craze that's clearly reached (and probably passed) it's peak. :lol:

-= Sass =-

Old 12-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Pat Logsdon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassKwatch
I hope you don't take it personally, but I can't get past the concept of a 'Foghat tribute band' long enough to consider the benefits of the kit. Foghat did something worthy of 'tribute'?!?! There's a craze that's clearly reached (and probably passed) it's peak. :lol:
Let me put it this way: the extent to which I am in a Foghat tribute band is the extent to which the electric triangle is a valid musical instrument. :mrgreen: But you have to admit, it would be handy to be able to talk on the phone while listening to the sweet sounds of "Slow Ride". Or possibly some other song entirely.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:49 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

...a hat to wear in the fog? :confused totally:

Old 12-11-2004, 07:02 AM
jimski
Philosopher

I tried using the Parrot DriveBlue for a bit, specifically when traveling with rental cars (I have a hard wired system in everyday car). Surprisingly, many cars/SUVs have cigarette lighters situated in such a way where the plug in unit just won't plug in or it only goes in upside down. And that damn wired microphone.

I now use a rechargeable Gold Lantern Super Talk that clips onto the sun visor. A charge will easily last through a 3-4 day road trip. It's a solid device with one button voice dialing. You can also use it with a 9 volt adapter for a permanent installation. A bit more money but worth every penny IMHO.