Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default O2 Asia Introduces the XDA II Mini

http://www.ppcw.net/?itemid=2155

"O2 Asia, the Asian mmO2 subsidiary recently released its latest Windows Mobile product, the Xda IImini (also known as HTC Magician or i-mate JAM). As of today, the HTC Magician is the smallest and lightest Pocket PC Phone Edition but running Microsoft's latest Windows Mobile 2003SE as well as it includes triple-band GSM/GPRS and Bluetooth (while W-LAN isn't supported yet). In addition it features the latest Intel Intel PXA 272 Bulverde CPU with 416MHz."

Arne at PPCW.Net has just reported that the HTC Magician or i-mate JAM, which we have posted on over the last few weeks, has been introduced as the O2 XDA II Mini in the Asia-Pacific region. He states that it should be available soon and a price has yet to be determined, although I looked at a recent Harvey Norman catalogue in the past week, and it is actually already on sale here in Australia for A$1199. So out of the three brandings of this device, which one do you like? More information on the XDA II Mini can also be found here.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:17 AM
wardy
Pupil

They are selling these on Expansys for �399.00 under the I-mate section. Can't wait . small form factor , no bigger than a Nokia 6630 really !!!!! 8O 8O

The evolution begins !!! I can see the next couple of years to be a very exciting time in new PDA/Phone manufacture . :wink:

Old 12-08-2004, 08:36 AM
aviator
Pupil

yeah I have being playing with the SP3i for the last few weeks while waiting for expansys to get the Jam in stick. latest news seems to indicate friday this week

Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 AM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

This is one SLICK device 8O

It's just 1.5cm wider and .5cm longer than my Sony Ericsson t610 8O

It would be my next phone device if was the same price as the SP3i...

The screens is too small, no built in WiFi and not enough RAM for my needs. So this device won't replace my iPAQ 5550.

I'm sooo tempted though.... I may be able to live with a screen that's about 1" smaller than my iPAQ and I could get an SDIO WiFi adapter.. I don't use WiFi THAT much... But I absolutely NEED the 128MB of RAM I have now. No getting around that for now.

Excellent try :clap: Please don't tease me like that :wink:

Old 12-08-2004, 10:36 AM
jonathanchoo
Theorist
Default Re: O2 Asia Introduces the XDA II Mini

You can get them from www.novicom.com now. Its a T-Mobile version in German. The guys at CompactJam.com has already managed to flash it to English and Novicom will be honouring the warranties of flashed units. 2 year warranty. I have an order on Expansys too they would be getting some units in on Friday (or so they say).

Old 12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
digger
Pupil

I got mine from Nowicom 10 days ago and at the weekend finally managed to flash it to an English ROM.

I have written a 3 part review of the MDA Compact (aka imate jam, o2 xda ii mini) which can be seen at:

Part 1: http://www.pocketreview.net/default....=32&page=1

Part 2: http://www.pocketreview.net/default....=33&page=1

Part 3: http://www.pocketreview.net/default....=34&page=1

Enjoy!

Old 12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
wardy
Pupil

8O Great revue digger one problem though , its made me put my c500 , sp3i on Ebay :lol: :lol: . Oh I gotta have one ... I hope its compatible with Copilot ... Anyone know :?:

Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
digger
Pupil

there is no reason why copilot wouldn't be compatible with the Jam/Compact if it works on Windows Mobile 2003 SE. I had TomTom v1.5 working on it and that is more than 2 versions old.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
TheZodiac
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to TheZodiac Send a message via Yahoo to TheZodiac

Cool Now how about an XDA III mini w/ a keyboard that extracts from it on its side in landscspe mode/style! Ultimate slider, and what the OQO could be! :-P

Now thats a communicator.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:19 PM
zilla31
Sage

anyone got any links to anymore reviews??? can't wait to read more about it...