Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default CompUSA Offering HP iPAQ rz1715 + SD Bundle

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...0687&pfp=SEARCH

Finally, a vendor has realized that no one is going to buy an rz1715 at the original MSRP and has thrown together a bundle that makes the unit a little more worthwhile: CompUSA is selling a rz1715 + 512MB SD card for $219 after two rebates.

The rz1715 is still a no-frills unit, but at least this bundle makes it potentially a worthwhile holiday gift. 8)

Old 12-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Jonathan1
Pontificator

FYI HP dropped the price of this model:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/iP...715_Price_Drop

Quote:
This Pocket PC debuted at $280 this summer, but it is now selling for $$250 on HPShopping.com, HP's official web store.

In addition, this site is offering a $30 instant rebate on the rz1715, bringing the price down to just $220.

Of course, handheld manufacturers rarely have the best deals. A search of CNET Shopper.com shows several sites offering this iPAQ for less than HP's price.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:19 PM
GaryK
Pupil

Can the rx series work like a "normal" ppc?
Can the current today screen be restored to the today screen as seen on non-media version Ipaqs?

Old 12-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK
Can the rx series work like a "normal" ppc?
Can the current today screen be restored to the today screen as seen on non-media version Ipaqs?
Yes. The today screen you see in the picture at the moment is just another Today plugin called "Mobile Media Companion". Uncheck the box and normality will be restored.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
ventivent
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to ventivent

Hey that's not a bad deal. I've been without a PPC for several months, having sold my 4150 in anticipation of the x50v, and then deciding that I should probably converge and get a PPC phone, which is still in the works (i-mate JAM, anyone?). Meanwhile I've been forced to use my ancient Palm V for basic needs and it's kinda embarrasing to pull that thing out in front of other people. I've thought about getting a 1945 for the interrim, but this might be a better deal.

Old 12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
ADBrown
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventivent
Hey that's not a bad deal. I've been without a PPC for several months, having sold my 4150 in anticipation of the x50v, and then deciding that I should probably converge and get a PPC phone, which is still in the works (i-mate JAM, anyone?). Meanwhile I've been forced to use my ancient Palm V for basic needs and it's kinda embarrasing to pull that thing out in front of other people. I've thought about getting a 1945 for the interrim, but this might be a better deal.
If you're embarassed to be using your Palm V, you'd probably have to commit suicide if someone saw you with an rz1715.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown
If you're embarassed to be using your Palm V, you'd probably have to commit suicide if someone saw you with an rz1715.
Harsh, but...... fair. :lol:

The 1945 surely has a lot more style and features than the rz1715 Ventivent? Or, go with the X50v. It's a good device and I'm enjoying it. I too would like a converged device, but not until one has a VGA screen and that could be a while off. Who knows what tommorow will bring?

Old 12-07-2004, 02:30 AM
Fishie
Pontificator

If I want a POS ill buy a Palm.

This wouldve been a good deal like 18 months ago when a 512mb SD card cost 400$.

Old 12-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Fishie
Pontificator

Oh and the Ipaq and SD card in that pic are NOT I repeat NOT at scale.