Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 11-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Pocket PC Passion Is Back! Sort Of...

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com

A few months ago, Pocket PC Passion's servers died and the site disappeared from the internet. The Pocket PC Passion domain name is still used, but technically, it is now "mobilePassion.com."

"So you notice the new title mobilePASSION.com versus pocketPCpassion.com? With all the changes in the mobility space (and the site going down) I thought this might be the appropriate time to make a shift in the website name focus to cover more of the range in mobile products. Now with Windows Mobile being so much more with the advent of Portable Media Centers, Smartphones, Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, and even things like Tablet PC, Smart Watch, and all the accessories that goes in this genre. It is all about mobility."

The old posts and forums are not back, but Dale hasn't given up hope, and we can at least enjoy is periodic updates via his new blog. Welcome back Dale!

Old 11-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Steven Cedrone

I guess we'll have to wait for the DNS servers to get updated. This still brings me to a domain holding page...

Steve

Old 11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
lssong99
Neophyte

The link does not work....

Old 11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Paragon
Magi

Who's this Dale guy??

Dave

Old 11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
Who's this Dale guy??
I owe a lot of my interest in this area to Dale. His was the first site I started hitting regularly. Now, though, I've heard he spends most of his time trying to get his Outlook Express newsgroups configured right. [That's an inside joke. Sorry.]

Anyway, Dale, wherever you are, I'm tickled to see your site getting back on its feet.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
I guess we'll have to wait for the DNS servers to get updated. This still brings me to a domain holding page...
Try http://dalecoffing.typepad.com.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:10 PM
JvanEkris
Philosopher

Welcome back Dale!

Even if the site only becomes half as good as it used to be, it will be worth a daily visit!

jaap

Old 11-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
Who's this Dale guy??
I owe a lot of my interest in this area to Dale. His was the first site I started hitting regularly. Now, though, I've heard he spends most of his time trying to get his Outlook Express newsgroups configured right. [That's an inside joke. Sorry.]

Anyway, Dale, wherever you are, I'm tickled to see your site getting back on its feet.
I think Ed could make a full time career out of helping Dale keep his newsgroups alive.

I think Dale made a first impression on many of us with his *Passion* for Pocket PCs

Dave

Old 11-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
Actually, the inside joke's on you, Brad, since I'm sure Dave (Paragon) was part of the team alongside Ed helping fix Dale's newsgroups at the last summit. :P

Quote:
Me too!

--janak

Old 11-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
Actually, the inside joke's on you, Brad, since I'm sure Dave (Paragon) was part of the team alongside Ed helping fix Dale's newsgroups at the last summit. :P
Which lasted all of about TWO days. I swear, Dale should not be given anything digital unless it is in ROM. :rotfl:

Dave