Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Yorch
Ponderer
Default Does anybody has problems with WMP 10?

Hi, let me ask you guys a question. Does anybody of you guys that have upgraded it to Windows Media Player 10, have any problems running it?. I been having problems when I open certain files, specially WMV and MP3, I though it was maybe a corrupt codec or something, but I recently did a fresh install of the Windows Media Edition 2005 on my laptop, and its been doing the same thing. It sucks cause I can't use the media player as I would want too. some files even play on my MDAII but the player crashes on my PC when I play these files!. I tried to find the solution, but I don't really know what's doing that, I even tried to run the Kazaa lite Mega codec pack, to see if it was a missing codec or something, same thing. Anybody has the same problems?, and/or have any solutions?

Old 11-19-2004, 04:58 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

What codec is being used in these files? You can find this out by playing the file, right-clicking it in the Now Playing list, and selecting Properties. Although WMV and MP3 formats would usually be trouble-free, there are usually some files out there that are strangely encoded and refuse to play normally (although such occurrences are rare to say the least).