Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Atlantis Redux, Reviewed

http://www.freepaq.com/index.php?re....php?testid=152

"Atlantis Redux is surely the play more successful in its kind, of the hours of patiences to be thought of the solutions of the enigmas, of superb graphics, an environment of the thunder. A assured expatriation!"

The article is in French, but there's an English translation on the site. This game looks absolutely amazing (if huge) - have any of you tried it?

Old 11-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Tierran
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Tierran Send a message via AIM to Tierran

I'm currently playing it...game is a lot of fun. Worth the money and space

Old 11-09-2004, 12:28 AM
foebea
Intellectual

great game, I really enjoyed it, but two small drawbacks in my opinion.

40 hours of gameplay i assumed to mean if you know how to beat it it takes 40 hours to go through, instead it is about 40 hours to figure it all out and beat it (without cheating or walkthroughs)

the story ends with.. well.. im not gunna say it here for those who have not played it, but suffice to say it left me wanting more.

Even with these I had a lot of fun playing it and would do so again even with prior knowledge that the game would not last a month or two, but rather 2 days (granted i did play it constantly )

Have fun playing, and hopefully the people who ported this will port more.

Zork Grand Inquisitor anyone? sure its 1.4 gigs or so, but I currently have 3 gigs free so its doable. I know the ppc has the mhz to conquer it. cant be too hard to do, given source code.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:43 AM
damager
Pupil

Hmmm - not sure why you would expect game "length" to be figured that way. If you know the path through a game, it is trivial to complete. I think most games are "timed" based on the length of time that an average gamer would take to get through the game WITHOUT any kind of walkthough or aid.

Old 11-09-2004, 01:09 AM
foebea
Intellectual

yup.. im just wierd like that.

I like an adventure game to last me for a few months of hard work with dozens of puzzles of varying complexity. I may have to just write one

but back to Atlantis, if you havent checked it out, you should. Its good fun, granted it is almost full price of a pc game, when the pc version can now be purchased for about a dollar, but its great to play this on the bus or cafe.

Old 11-09-2004, 02:37 AM
webdaemon
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foebea
40 hours of gameplay i assumed to mean if you know how to beat it it takes 40 hours to go through, instead it is about 40 hours to figure it all out and beat it (without cheating or walkthroughs)

... would not last a month or two, but rather 2 days (granted i did play it constantly )
Foebea you played the game for 40 hours in two days? You should get more sleep. :wink:

Old 11-09-2004, 07:01 AM
lamxing
Neophyte

Do you guys know where I can find a walkthrough? I'm stucked right after the first puzzle (where you go through a wall, see a tomb and picked a bird from the floor). Haven't been able to figure it out for a long while.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:37 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Those graphics are amazing. Are those cut-scene movies or actual gameplay?

Old 11-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Freepaq
Neophyte

The cut-scene movies are between each phase of the game (resolve egnima, moving from a place to an other ...etc)
This cut-scene movie are amazing and the sound track is beautiful.

I have finished the game now.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:48 AM
LightMan
Pupil

Well, I'm kinda disappointed to see you guys posting links to reviews in French, but not in English. I submitted my somewhat extensive Atlantis Redux review (made for PDACorps) as news here at PPCThoughts a long time ago. Then I got the acknowledgement e-mail from the PPCThoughts team, but I never saw it posted here. Not the first time this happens to me, hence this small rant. Sorry about the vent.

Anyway, in case anyone's interested, you can read my review here. Plenty of screenshots to go along with it.