Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Seidio: G2500 Car Kit for the HP iPAQ hx4700

http://www.seidioonline.com/Product...e=CK7AG25IP47DG

"Seidio G2500 GPS Ready mount kit is the ultimate car mount for your in-car GPS solution. Although it is model specific, options are available for most of today popular PDA systems and provide a professional, safety and secure fitting in your car."

The G2500 Car Kit appears to be one of the better in-car Pocket PC GPS solutions in the market. It secures your Pocket PC in place while you enjoy the crystal-clear sound delivered by the unit. Other features include a swivel adaptor, and the ability to charge the device via a charging cable, or while hardwired to your car's electrical system. Now that's neat!

Old 11-07-2004, 05:02 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic

That looks great! Now if I only had/needed GPS. Hmm...little out of my price range, plus I may not even have my car at college next year. Cool nonethelesss. 8)

Old 11-07-2004, 07:51 PM
DavidGMiles
Pupil

It looks fab - I was contemplating ordering one - but there is a proce disparity between to Europe and US stores - it is more expensive in Europe - even though the prices are both in US Dollars

Old 11-07-2004, 08:29 PM
sjr
Pupil

the build quality isnt too great either, i bought one about a year ago when they just came out, does the job though.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:03 PM
paris
Intellectual

hmm i think i just found both a gps and a car holder for my hx4700. Pls tell me they ship in the EU.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:57 PM
DavidGMiles
Pupil

Contemplating this - although the comment about build quality worries me - or the new Brodit mount - I am interested in anyones opinions

Old 11-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Dave Conger
Sage
Send a message via MSN to Dave Conger

I don't mean to take away from this news story, but I have been extremly satisfied with the quality of the Arkon version of this mount that came out a while back which includes the GPS built in. The big thing that I dont like about the Seidio is that it is device specific. I have a drawer full of device specific stuff that I can't use anymore because the stuff isn't compatible with my current device nor the upgraded OS of my old device.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:18 AM
n1ck
Pupil
Default Generic mount

I recommend the use of a mount with built in speaker and power - I have used an Arkon (without built in GPS) for the last two years and it has performed well. I agree with pdadave of the value of the generic approach - I could move to a 2210 without changing anything for my satnav systems.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:45 AM
SHC
Intellectual

I have the Brodit powered mount for my iPAQ 4700 http://www.brodit.com/
There are various powered / passive / speaker options. You combine the holder with a car specific "proclip" to mount it on the dashboard. It can come with a cigar lighter plug or be hard wired in.
Excellent build quality too.