Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Think Outside BT Mouse Now Available for Preorder

http://www.thinkoutside.com/product...-mouse-ppc.html

"With Think Outside's Stowaway� Travel Mouse you can now easily navigate your PDA just like you do with a desktop mouse! No more lost styluses or hard-to-remember keyboard shortcuts. Simply point and click and you're off! And since our mouse is Bluetooth enabled, you can use it with any Windows XP or Mac OS X Notebook with Bluetooth. Now you can finally buy one mouse that does it all. Our Stowaway travel mouse includes cutting edge software drivers that support the most popular Pocket PC PDAs from HP, Dell and others."

I'm still not sure I'd use a mouse with my PDA, but I suppose the added flexibility can't hurt. Are any of you planning to get this?

Old 10-29-2004, 06:20 AM
jasondearyou
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to jasondearyou Send a message via MSN to jasondearyou

this is a musht have, i feel like i can't do without it and I don't even have it, way to go think outside. 0X

Old 10-29-2004, 06:22 AM
jimski
Philosopher

Could work nicely with my new iPAQ Bluetooth keyboard (due on Monday). So the questions is, will my 4700 communicate with this mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard at the same time?

Old 10-29-2004, 06:30 AM
jgalindo
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to jgalindo
Default Bluetooth Mouse

I use my Laptop with a bluetooth mouse from Microsoft, could I plug that in to my PDA? Is yes, where do I get the drivers.

Also, if I am using the mouse with my laptop, is there a way to quickly switch to using the mouse with my pda? :roll: I use my bluetooth enabled laptop every day and have my ipaq 6315 on the cradle so I can have a quick look at data or make phone calls using my bluetooth headset.

I guess my best option would be to buy software so that I can control my PDA from my laptop, any recommendations!?

Just rambling on.......unlimited wants 8)

UPDATE:

I just downloaded the trial version of pocket controller, it is a dream com true! Now I use my laptop to place phone calls through my ipaq 6315 while I use my bluetooth headset, so I don't have to pick it up from the cradle.

I Love my pocket PC! :mrgreen:

Old 10-29-2004, 06:30 AM
jasondearyou
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to jasondearyou Send a message via MSN to jasondearyou

I would really like to see a review of this mouse on a cross platform ie. all the bluetooth enabled devices. See how it compares to the additional feature of the HP scroll mouse, and maybe it would be a really nice addition to the regular stylus, except the stylus you could use it to write and transcribe.

So guys beat down their door to get one of these reviews going.

Cause I already know i'm buying that. 0X

Old 10-29-2004, 06:46 AM
echo
Pupil

waht i'd like to know is if that white translcency part on the bottom will glow red when its in use. if so, i'd have to upgrade from my bluetake mini bt mouse to this. being able to use it on the ipaq would be a bonus too.

Old 10-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Mark Johnson
Theorist

Outstanding! I want one! With a VGA screen and a bluetooth keyboard my PPC may become a usable replacement for my XP notebook in many situations.

It seems like Microsoft has withheld BT HID profile support to prevent just that sort of migration from expen$ive XP notebooks towards cheap WinCE devices. I've been really dissapointed by some of the "obviously intentional omissions" in every PPC generation. It's clear that Microsoft really doesn't want PPC to "grow up" too far. The PPC hardware is already far more powerful than what we ran Windows95 or 98 on, yet lacks features (USB host, BT HID, PocketAccess, etc.) that would allow it to be used as more than the "dumb little brother" of an XP PC.

And so the PPC sadly remains continually tethered by the ActiveSync noose (er, I mean cable) that chokes it just enough to make sure it can't catch it's breath and get up to run with the big dogs.
:soapbox:

I'm glad to see third party solutions working around these deficiencies.

Way to go ThinkOutside! :clap:

Old 10-29-2004, 07:44 AM
rnuqui
Pupil

This is way cool if I use my PDA on a desk with a (preferably wireless) keyboard. But I won't be bringing it everywhere I take my PDA to. Imagine how that bulge will look like in your pants pocket! :lol:

Old 10-29-2004, 08:08 AM
JvanEkris
Philosopher

I played with it for a day on a tradeshow. It really is cool. Especcially the Ipaq 4700, which is already accustomed to mouse-pointers, looks cool. It is a small mouse, on a tine screen. On the tradeshow the first reaction of many people was if there was a possibility to attach a large monitor (say bye bye laptop :devilboy: )

Jaap

Old 10-29-2004, 09:18 AM
cherring
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to cherring
Default Casio E200

I had been using my normal usb mouse with my casio E-200 for a while. I must say, it was cool at first but it lost it's novelty quickly. I couldn't really find a proper use for it. Glad you people with IPAQs are only about 3 years behind. lol