Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default TwoPeaks Releases TravelTalk, A Tool For Travellers

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...nId=0&catalog=1

"TravelTalk is a fast and easy to use Pocket PC application that translates common travel phrases. Currently, TravelTalk supports translations from English to Spanish, German, French and Italian. TravelTalk comes preloaded with hundreds of useful phrases such as "Where is the nearest bank", "I am lost", "How much do I owe you?" etc. Each phrase includes the correct translation and pronunciation guide, thus making it very easy to a read aloud when needed. All supported languages are part of the same standard package, and you do not have to purchase any extra dictionaries or lists."

I'm a big fan of TwoPeaks' software, and considering I'm headed to Italy in February 2005, this interests me quite a bit. I'll have to take it for a spin...

Old 10-25-2004, 01:01 AM
iPaqDude
Intellectual

Down here in Central Florida we are getting ready for our yearly onslaught of "Northern Visitors", so when I saw this I was hoping to see a conversion from Southern Drawl to Snowbird... no such luck. You know, something that would convert "djeet?" over to "Did you eat?" or would indicate that "gud...'en ewe?" was a polite answer to "How are you?"...

Now, everyone knows I'm kidding, right? Right?

Now ya'll come on down, ya hear?

Old 10-25-2004, 04:55 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaqDude
Down here in Central Florida we are getting ready for our yearly onslaught of "Northern Visitors", so when I saw this I was hoping to see a conversion from Southern Drawl to Snowbird... no such luck. You know, something that would convert "djeet?" over to "Did you eat?" or would indicate that "gud...'en ewe?" was a polite answer to "How are you?"...

Now, everyone knows I'm kidding, right? Right?

Now ya'll come on down, ya hear?
Not this topic of discussion again! :roll:

Old 10-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Carlos
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Carlos

It's great that they are releasing more software. Maybe they can now answer their tech support requests from a couple months ago. :roll:

Buyer beware: I'm not the only person whose tech support e-mails have gone completely ignored. No reply, nothing. They even took down their user forums when a few of us started discussing the lack of support.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Zensbikeshop
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
It's great that they are releasing more software. Maybe they can now answer their tech support requests from a couple months ago. :roll:

Buyer beware: I'm not the only person whose tech support e-mails have gone completely ignored. No reply, nothing. They even took down their user forums when a few of us started discussing the lack of support.
Very dissapointed by Two Peaks. I'm waiting for Flex Wallet for my Smartphone and had no response to my last email to them a few weeks ago.

I'm now going to have to buy one of the other "Wallet" products and transfer all my data across.

Sort it out Two Peaks or lose business!

Old 10-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Carlos
Intellectual

If you're frustrated by not getting a response in pre-sales, imagine waiting two months while your data is completely inaccessible and they don't care to even answer. Two Peaks is out of business as far as I'm concerned. Yet they continue to take money but don't deliver as promised.

I sent another request on Saturday (right after I got THREE new product e-mails from them). If I don't have an answer soon, I guess I'll make it my mission to copy this info to every PPC forum on the planet so others don't get swindled.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Zensbikeshop
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
If you're frustrated by not getting a response in pre-sales, imagine waiting two months while your data is completely inaccessible and they don't care to even answer. Two Peaks is out of business as far as I'm concerned. Yet they continue to take money but don't deliver as promised.

I sent another request on Saturday (right after I got THREE new product e-mails from them). If I don't have an answer soon, I guess I'll make it my mission to copy this info to every PPC forum on the planet so others don't get swindled.
Go for it!

Communities like PPCT are here to both help and advise each other.

I advise others to give Two Peak a miss... unless they see fit to respond to you, I and this thread.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Mark R Penn
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Mark R Penn Send a message via AIM to Mark R Penn Send a message via MSN to Mark R Penn Send a message via Yahoo to Mark R Penn

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind now - two peaks have a policy of taking as much money as possible from unsuspecting newcomers, and then dumping them completely.

In these sittuations, you normally get a few people saying they get no responce, and then some coming out in defence. With Twopeaks, EVERYONE who's tried to contact them gets ignored.

The only good thing is that companies who behave like this don't survive long in my experience. It's a shame to lose coding talent (the actual software was always fairly good), but with this kind of attitude, good ridence.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Carlos
Intellectual

Just an update: Still no response at all from them regarding the message I sent on Saturday.

So, anyone got a recommendation on something to replace Personal Vehicle Manager?

Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 PM
stsanford
Ponderer

Well, I'm yet another one of their customers and I haven't gotten a response. I see that they took the link to their forums of their main menu on the website...

Supremely disappointed with their level of professionalism.

STS