Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 10-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default SD Card Holder Survey

https://www.grapevinesurveys.com/Gr...200410127986246

There's an individual who's considering creating an interesting sort of SD card holder, and he wants to know what we think of it. Here's an image of the idea:

He'd like you to take this brief survey, and is interested in your comments. What do you think about it?

Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

It's definitely one of the more interesting mods out there.

However, if you have a PPC case that stores SD cards, this concept design becomes somewhat pointless, although it does have its merits.

EDIT: One other thing - if you rely on using your Pocket PC on a flat surface, this little holder would tilt your device on an angle wouldn't it?

I'll tell you what though, I sure like that "Reward for Return!" sticker. :lol: And I'm being serious...it puts in that added incentive for people to return lost devices.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
jeisner
Ponderer

Nice idea and looks kinda cool, but I wouldn't think anyone who uses a case for their pda would buy this, as most pda cases are tight fits.

As for digital camera, well my case isn't so tight so at first thought it would be rather useful, only problem being is my digital camera doesn't have a clear (flat) surface on it big enough to stick the holder!

Old 10-18-2004, 10:48 AM
PR.
Theorist

Looks useful, maybe offer velcro stick as well so that as you indicate sticking it on a battery you can still swap it when you swap batteries!

Might also be useful for those people with cases that don't have SD Card holders...

Old 10-18-2004, 12:13 PM
hotweiss
Ponderer

Great idea!

p.s.-the survey link doesn't work...

Old 10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Silencer
Pupil

Sorry, but I don�t get the point, I think it�s useless. Almost any memory card has a case delivered with it, and if you use a case for your PDA, there�s no need of that thing.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:40 PM
arnage2
Oracle

the survey appears to be down

Old 10-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweiss
Great idea!

p.s.-the survey link doesn't work...
Hmmm, I visited this morning and the survey worked for me. However when I visited just now I got:

Quote:
Inaccessible Survey

This survey is not accesible due to any of the following reasons.

The survey is not started yet.
The survey is already expired.
You tried to access this survey incorrectly.

If you need any help, please contact the organization that informed you about this survey.
Maybe we PocketPCThought'd it! :lol:

Old 10-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default extra size

I think it could be a good idea for some people but I don't want to add any size to my pocket pc. One problem could be it would not even sit flat on a table. Sure, most of the time you hold it but if you set it down it would look kind of hokey. I guess you could give it four, one in each corner, so it sit's flat.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Glisson
Ponderer

I don't usually carry extra cards around as I have a large SD and a large CF loaded in my Axim. When I do carry a card I want to know that the cards ( including the contacts ) are going to stay clean. I have several CF cases that have a place for a SD card as well. What could be better? They take up little room, hold one of each style cards, and are free. That's going to be tough to beat.

I don't see me purchasing this product.

Glisson