Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default HP iPAQ hx4700s Shipping?

We're getting anecdotal reports that people's orders at the HP Business store are shipping -- even those with a later availability date. (The consumer store still is slated for 10/4.) People are also anonymously reporting that some Buy.com orders are going through. If you've been successful in getting your hx4700 shipped and have purchased it elsewhere, feel free to post about it on this thread. 8)

(Oh, and unsurprisingly, hx4700s are appearing on eBay.)

Old 09-23-2004, 12:51 AM
FortimirCE
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to FortimirCE Send a message via AIM to FortimirCE Send a message via MSN to FortimirCE Send a message via Yahoo to FortimirCE

I've talked to HP SMB three times today, and they have all confirmed 100% that my hx4700 has shipped out... and I have a tracking number.

3-5 days UPS ground.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:55 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

*cue the Hallelujah song*

Ah, now to look for a good price - aka anything better than $650. lol. I'd still consider the Axim X50 if any real info were released about that soon, but I need a better PDA lol. Hopefully I'll order a hx4705 within the next few weeks.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:02 AM
coverthawk
Neophyte

Ordered mine through computers4sure...have a next day tracking number for tomorrow.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:16 AM
paris
Intellectual

well expansys in the uk still shows the hx4700 for Pre-order, they dont even have a date. it seems that the US lads are quicker on this one

Old 09-23-2004, 01:20 AM
CiscoKid
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to CiscoKid Send a message via MSN to CiscoKid Send a message via Yahoo to CiscoKid

Still waiting for mine here in Canada (ordered from HP.CA) but I do know a friend that works for one of the HP distributors is expecting his first round on the 24th (Friday) so he'll let me know if they show up Friday.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:20 AM
ctitanic
Oracle

i also ordered one from computers4sale and I'm supposed to get it tomorrow according to what they told me in my last call this afternoon.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:27 AM
CiscoKid
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to CiscoKid Send a message via MSN to CiscoKid Send a message via Yahoo to CiscoKid

Hmmmm, update...just called HP and they're being told that they could be another 2-3 weeks and the reps are also being told that the US hasn't even got them...he admitted they may not be totally up to date, but I'll post here tomorrow if my friend gets any updates, just in case there's any other Canucks like me waiting impatiently for their new toy

Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 AM
telengard
Neophyte

I just spoke with the HP SMB guy and he told me they were to receive plenty to fill all back orders on the 27th and have leftovers. My order says Oct 6th ship date but he said it should ship on the Sept 27th.

We will see....

Telengard

Old 09-23-2004, 02:41 AM
PPCMD
Thinker

I just checked out Computers4Sure and they list qty 55 in stock. I guess I will order one for Friday Delivery, oh yeah.