Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard Shipping

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?t=31769

Forum member elehcdn has informed us that ThinkOutside is starting to ship their BT keyboards, which is good news because they've been delayed a few times. You can get one for $149.99.

In other news, you can get the exact same keyboard from Dell for $106.51 with free shipping. Oh, and they've been shipping it since the beginning of August. Who here has one of these things? What are your thoughts?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:10 AM
hawkeye
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to hawkeye
Default Just what BT was meant for...

I don't have one of these but would like to. Anybody know if HP has released their BT keyboard or what the price will be?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:22 AM
jkendrick
Thinker

I heard today from someone who actually got their Stowaway BT keyboard for use with a Socket CF card on the WinXP platform. It doesn't work with the Socket under WinXP and this person is working with both Stowaway and Socket to get it working.

Is anybody using the keyboard with the Socket CF card?

Old 09-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Berylium
Pupil

I've had mine since Thursday, I'm actually using it right now. I've had absolutely no problems using it with my Dell XPS laptop and Windows XP SP2.

-Berylium

Old 09-05-2004, 04:58 AM
Ninram
Neophyte
Default The iPAQ 5550 and the keyboard

I received mine on Wednesday. It was unfortunatly packaged in that hard plastic that you have to destroy to open.

It came with a zippeded case, 2 AAA's and the usual CD-ROM & flimsy quick start quide.

My goal was to get it to work with my iPAQ 5550, which their site lists as still being "tested"

The included CD-ROM read-me dosn't include the 5000 series iPAQ's and I installed the driver anyway.

It dosn't work. There are many delays in the transmission and pauses along the way.

I had hoped that betweed July and when it shipped they might have gotten it fixed. I'm not even sure, now that I feel the keyboard, that it would ever come in handy the way I use it.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:00 AM
nuka_t
Ponderer

looks cool, but is there really a need for a bluetooth keyboard? for a desktop or laptop, ya, its a good idea. but for a pocketpc, id rather have one that holds my ppc up on it too, so it has to be wired. the only possible good thing i can see for this is that you cant put it into landscape mode on a wired one cause its stationary.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:42 AM
manuelpl
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to manuelpl Send a message via AIM to manuelpl
Default I desperately need a BT keyboard

I hate pecking this post with my X30. In landscape mode the keyboard takes half of my screen. I can't wait for a 5 row BT keyboard. It is to bad I have to wait for belkin or hope that the hp bt keyboard works with all pda's. Although the think outside the box looks tempting I am going to wait for keyboard that's functional.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:16 AM
jimski
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuka_t
looks cool, but is there really a need for a bluetooth keyboard? for a desktop or laptop, ya, its a good idea. but for a pocketpc, id rather have one that holds my ppc up on it too, so it has to be wired. the only possible good thing i can see for this is that you cant put it into landscape mode on a wired one cause its stationary.
Well, the keyboard comes with a little stand so you can prop your PPC right up next to it or a few incles/feet away if you like, in portrait or landscape. And, when you purchase your next PPC, you don't need to go out any buy another keyboard.

Actually I can't think of one logical use for a desktop or laptop. Well maybe a laptop, but that's stretching it. There are a lot of other wireless solutions for these platforms that are quite a bit better.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:26 AM
nuka_t
Ponderer

but you cant put a full sized keyboard in your pocket.

i know that you can do the same things as a wired one with this, but i dont thinks its worth the extra money, or the extra battery life for the bluetooth.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Duncan
Pontificator

Frankly this is one case where Bluetooth seems like overkill when the IR version is cheaper, less battery draining and just as effective...