Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Another Source For Pocket-Laden Garments

Today Marlof pointed out to me a brief mention on the engadget.com Web site about a new T-shirt that has a hidden pocket. Called the Blackcoat-T from Koyono, it is a "t-shirt with a zipper right in front that hides a secret pocket for carrying an iPod or a cellphone or a PDA or whatever else you think you can successfully squeeze in there."

Well, I wasn't about to let a potential competitor to my beloved SCOTTeVEST products go unchallenged, so I immediately hit the Koyono Web site for more information. The Blackcoat-T turns out to be a pretty straightforward product. It's got a dual-compartment pocket and is currently selling for $15.00, a discount from the regular price of $35.00. The pocket is anything but discreet, though, because the zipper color contrasts with the shirt color. Whatever.

What REALLY started to get me a bit nervous about the Koyono site was that they offer other garments, like an ultra-slim wallet, raincoat and overcoat. Was I about to find a product that could usurp my faithful SCOTTeVEST garments?

Ha! The Koyono overcoat sports only 11 pockets, while the raincoat offers only 7. Heck, I think my SCOTTeVEST Version Three.0 has more pockets than that in the sleeves alone! So, while I wish the folks at Koyono all the best, I can proudly say that my affection has not been swayed from that garment I wear virtually every day (no, not the same pair of underwear): my SCOTTeVEST!

Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Techtoys
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Techtoys

Nah, the belt clip still wins for the iPod. That zip is just too 'Alien' 0X

Old 08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
maximus
2000 Posts And This is All I Get?
Send a message via ICQ to maximus Send a message via MSN to maximus
Default Re: Another Source For Pocket-Laden Garments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
I can proudly say that my affection has not been swayed from that garment I wear virtually every day (no, not the same pair of underwear): my SCOTTeVEST!
And they say that brand loyalty no longer exist :mrgreen:

Old 08-25-2004, 12:57 PM
GoldKey
Pontificator

Change the red zipper and they may have something. It is cheap enough that I might order one anyway. Maybe Scott can make something like this, but improve on it.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

For some reason, having a special pocket in a T-shirt doesn't interest me. I obviously don't mind the vest/jacket idea, but if all I'm going to wear is a T-shirt, I'll carry my gear in a belt pack or pockets of my cargo pants.

I also have a SCOTTeVEST windshirt, which is more like a pull-over jacket. It has a large "kangaroo pouch" pocket in the front that has a velcro divider. It's pretty good for cool days and rain.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:12 PM
lisantica
Ponderer

I bought one of each color (besides it's a two for one offer) :mrgreen:
I'm hoping to tuck my ipod mini in it under my button down blouse.
Here's hoping it'll work out.
I'll post an update when they arrive.
Lisa

Old 08-25-2004, 04:21 PM
dean_shan
Mystic

Looks kinda goofy with the blood stripe. Hope their next revision is one solid color. Good idea though.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:00 PM
lisantica
Ponderer

Here's hoping that my white t-shirt doesn't turn pink after the first wash :wink:

Old 08-25-2004, 07:09 PM
arebelspy
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to arebelspy

Yeah if they matched the zipper to the shirt I'd order.. I do want that wallet though, it looks slick.

-arebelspy

Old 08-25-2004, 08:53 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Adrian
I also have a SCOTTeVEST windshirt, which is more like a pull-over jacket. It has a large "kangaroo pouch" pocket in the front that has a velcro divider.
8O Um, Brad, that ain't velcro. They're zippers. :worried: