Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default ContactBreeze For Your Today Screen

http://www.sbsh.net/products/contactbreeze/

For those of you that live by your contacts on your Pocket PC, ContactBreeze may be just the ticket.

� View all your contacts on your Today screen!
� Search your contacts using sequence or initial search!
� Easily switch to full screen mode to search for contacts "on the fly" without using your stylus!
� Browse through your contacts using the Pocket PC D-Pad!
� Open and edit your contacts in your favorite PIM: Pocket Informant, Agenda Fusion, or Pocket Outlook!
� Contacts are dynamically loaded - PPC memory is only used while viewing the contacts, and then immediately released!

You can get a trial version or buy the full version for $5.95. This is an addon to PocketBreeze.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Jereboam
Philosopher

I can only say this an excellent addition and extremely quick to load many hundreds of my contacts...even if you are a PI user like me this is a great way to quickly look up a number on the run.

Dialling and beaming right from the Today screen via Bluetooth and IR, and direct for PPCPE users, is also being worked on...

The pace of updates for ContactBreeze and PocketBreeze is overwhelming...almost every day.

J'bm

Old 08-23-2004, 07:45 PM
MerlinAZ
Pupil

If you aren't yet using PocketBreeze, get it now--enough said.
If you are using it, try ContactBreeze. It gives you your contact information right from the Today screen. It's fast and efficient--even with many contacts. If you know PocketBreeze, you already know how "tight" the code is--Amit, the programmer is the most responsive program writer on the planet. He continues his policy with ContactBreeze.

Give it a try.
Sam (Unpaid endorser and very happy program user)

Old 08-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Sully
Pupil

With the addition of ContactBreeze I no longer use PI and have removed it from my PDA in the interest of saving some ram. It's not that PI isn't a great program it's just that ContactBreeze along with PocketBreeze meets my needs more than adequately.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
ecard
Pupil

I'm not a big fan of the Today Plugin. But, it would be nice to launch a similar application when you hit the contact button!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 02:55 AM
Vidge
Intellectual

PB and CB are a winning combination for me.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:37 AM
Kai920
Ponderer

Is it possible to make a phone call without "tap and hold"ing a contact to open it? :?:

edit: looks like it's already been requested over at the developer forums: http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1253

Old 08-24-2004, 05:48 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai920
Is it possible to make a phone call without "tap and hold"ing a contact to open it? :?:

edit: looks like it's already been requested over at the developer forums: http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1253
Soon to come 8)

Old 08-25-2004, 04:23 AM
Kai920
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitregev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai920

Soon to come 8)
Thank you Mr Regev!

Old 08-27-2004, 12:05 AM
amitregev
Intellectual

As promised, about a week after the initial release, we've just released version 1.0.05 that support dialing contacts directly from ContactBreeze for Phone Edition Pocket PC users 8)

You can read more about this specific release on our forums:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1380

and of course you are invited to add your ideas/suggestions that will help us design ContactBreeze better and improve it in the future especially for Phone Edition users