Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 08-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default pt Picks Up An iPAQ 6315

http://www.engadget.com/entry/7931616626104684/

Looks like most people have had success getting iPAQ 6315s from CompUSA. The inimitable pt picked one up and put up some very nice pictures over at Engadget, including shots of the thumbboard that you might want to check out. One picture of note:

Yup, it looks like the iPAQ 6315 has a yellow-tinted screen like some other recent units. I've played with a 4150 extensively as of late, and while it doesn't actively bother me, it does puzzle me why OEMs keep on releasing displays like this. Still, from reviews posted in our CompUSA thread, people seem to really like the unit -- especially the battery life. 8)

Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Paul P
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Paul P

Other than the somewhat lower brightness then I am used to, I can't really detect any yellow-tint.

edit: Nevermind, just detected it :wink: Why is that a problem again? It's only visible when viewing at an angle.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 PM
ale_ers
Theorist

I did not have success. I watched the last one in the greater Atlanta area get sold Friday at about 2:00. (I was right behind him asking if they had any in the back....last one....check the computer....nope).

Now I am hoping I will see one in my travels this week or that Atlanta gets a restock.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:59 PM
dangerwit
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul P
Other than the somewhat lower brightness then I am used to, I can't really detect any yellow-tint.

edit: Nevermind, just detected it :wink: Why is that a problem again? It's only visible when viewing at an angle.
Yep, I saw it right away on mine. I'm in your boat -- it's unnoticeable unless you tilt the darn thing.

*Phil

Old 08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

This picture doesn't look as ugly as in HP and Tmobile.

But, anyway, not my type. So big phone close my ear, no way! 0X

Old 08-23-2004, 10:47 PM
robcorn
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to robcorn Send a message via MSN to robcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangzhinong
But, anyway, not my type. So big phone close my ear, no way! 0X
Use a Bluetooth headset; I never hold my 6315 to my head, no reason to!

Old 08-23-2004, 11:26 PM
shanipaqman
Pupil
Default Before I buy a VGA device...

Can anyone confirm that the 6300 will not be coming to Sprint before I go out and buy a VGA device? Would've held out if it was coming, but highly doubt it...anyway is the Daxian stronger or weaker than the 6300? I think the Daxian Cu928 is supposed to eventually make it to Sprint....I figure by the time they get it right I could have enjoyed a nice VGA device and will by that time be able to by a smaller VGA PDA/Phone in 24 months.
thanks

Old 08-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Before I buy a VGA device...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanipaqman
Can anyone confirm that the 6300 will not be coming to Sprint before I go out and buy a VGA device?
The 6300 won't make it in its current incarnation, as it's GSM and Sprint is CDMA. The CU928 has a better chance, but who knows when it'll come out. :|

--janak

Old 08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
gorkon280
Philosopher

Congrats to those who got one. I would LOVE one except I seriously doubt I will get one. due to lack of fundage! I could not even afford to renew my PPCT account since I am BROKE!

Janak, what angle do you read from? I have a 4355 (pretty much the same as a 4150, but...oh whatever, you should know what it is by now) and I CAN detect yellowness if I view it at a really odd angle but if I am holding it in a natural position as I normally would, I don't notice it at all. In fact, in the picture posted, I don't notice the yellow tint and if you actually use the device at that angle, you have more problems then my bank account does right now! There's no way to make a screen cheap and have it look great from every angle. Maybe you would like to have the HAST screens(which were great INSIDE at any angle) back which are unviewable outside?? Nahh....just kidding! :lol:

No it looks like I will probably be going for a Sony Ericcson t610 from Tmobile as it's the one I can afford that will work for me. If the time comes and I can't get that, I will just have to be satisfied for only using GPRS with my laptop using a cable on a free phone.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:23 AM
bmcbride_81
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to bmcbride_81

I have to testify to the longgggggggggggg battery life....this thing is great! I was fortunate enough to have found one in St Louis. The battery life is far better than my XDA II. And the processor speed is comparable to the intel pxa255's performance.

Only complaint I have so far is the static I get with the phone in use.
Other than that it is a great machine.

--Brian