Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default PDAMill Releases Flux Challenge -- 3D Racer For Pocket PC

http://www.fluxchallenge.com/

"Flux Challenge is our new, revolutionary 3D racing game for the Pocket PC. This unique racer revolves around a world of magnetic-levitation tunnels. While originally designed for mass transportation, it soon spawned many underground ship-racing circuits and eventually became one of the largest international championship sports. Take control of one of these magilev ships, and become the international champion!"

Looks sweet. I'll have to give this a spin (pun not intended ). There are a number of reviews on the web already, such as PDAGold's.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
gregmills
Intellectual

It looks like I've finally found something to spend that 15% Handango discount code on. I've been sitting on it for a couple of months. I hope it hasn't expired.

I played the demo and I absolutely love this game. By far, it's the most fun racing game that I've tried.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmills
It looks like I've finally found something to spend that 15% Handango discount code on. I've been sitting on it for a couple of months. I hope it hasn't expired.
You might want to hold onto that 15% discount. Handango has a 25% discount to celebrate their new website. I think they mailed this to everyone, so I don't think I'm breaking any rules. Enter the code NEWSITE25 at checkout to get the discount.

After you buy it at this savings, let us know how easy/hard it is to control these racers, and what type of PPC you are using. I always seem to have a devil of time with the PPC D-Pads.... :devilboy:

Old 08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
gregmills
Intellectual

Sweet! The code worked. I had that code written down but for some reason I thought it required a minimum purchase of $25.

I played the heck out of the last beta and I thought the racers handled very well. It seems to me that the steering is improved in this final release but it may just be different since you start your career in slower crafts. The last beta let you pilot the Phantom, which was the next to highest ship.

I have an e750 and the D-pad is pretty terrible for gaming but I had no trouble with this. One of the great things I like about it is the menus are well laid out. Once you start the game you can put the stylus away and move through the menus easily with the D-pad.

It's a pleasure to play

Old 08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
mrkablooey
Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to mrkablooey

Damn, another $20 game.

I gotta stop reading these boards. I spent $30 on software today, with the 25% off. Did I need it? no, but I read a review and before I could pop a Paxil, I was already at Handango. And I don't even do crosswords :roll:

Not going to do this game (yet)... I'm really not. :?

Old 08-17-2004, 04:55 AM
jonathanchoo
Theorist

Really great game and damn worth the US$19.95. The game is similar to GeoPod but this has sharper and better graphics although the physics on GeoPod is better.

I have played this since the first public beta and the final product truely delivers. Buttons on the h4150 is not bad for this game.

For those with those free iPAQ Choice points, the game would soon be available to redeem. Based on the 'price' of Anthelion, I suspect that Flux would be available for 2 iPAQ points.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:40 AM
yanathin
Intellectual

I can't seem to find the game listen on Handango... and for some reason when I go through fluxchallenge.com, the promotional codes don't work (even though it's powered by Handango). For those of you that bought the game using the discount, how did you do it?

Old 08-17-2004, 09:47 AM
buckyg
Thinker

Huh.. that's weird. I was able to find it earlier at Handango, from my work PC. That was before I tried the demo. I did have to search for it, though. Now I can't find it from my home PC. Will have to look through the IE history at work.

Pretty sweet, the controls work well on my iPAQ 5555.

Edit: Tried searching again a little later, here it is: Flux Challenge on Handango

Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
mrkablooey
Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to mrkablooey

for some reason Handango's search is NOT quite up to snuff. tried searching yesterday (for the crossword software) and could NOT find it, searching probably 7 different ways. finally was able to find it by going to the developer's site, clicking "buy now" and got a cart "powered by handango" (that looked different from handango) which also had my other items in it. went back to my handango tab in my browser and there it was. applied the appropriate coupon(s) and was on my way.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Kathy_Harris
Ponderer

I assume it doesn't work in VGA mode (for e800) and I'm wondering if the e800 video chip works with it. Too bad there is no trial and the review I read didn't use an e800